New Kubota or Kioti

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
So before I go into a long speech I do realize this is a Kubota forum haha. So today I got rained out at work and went for a drive. Stopped at my local Kubota dealer and Kioti dealer. Got talking to the Kubota dealer asked what my 2018 M6-111 with m46 loader and 3700hrs was worth on trade for a new m6-114s or m6-111 power shift my tractor is worth 80,000CND and new tractors are worth 136,000 and 159,000 with loader and 3 rear remotes. Stopped at Kioti he looked at my tractor said it’s worth $85,000 and I could get a Kioti HX1115 (115hp) with loader for $110,000 has 3 remotes. The kioti has so many options compared to the kubotas. The kioti loses quite a bit of hp on the pto compared to Kubota but 83hp pto is more than sufficient. Just wondering what you good folks would do in this situation

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Just wondering what you good folks would do in this situation
My guess is most of us bought a Kubota. ;). Kioti was an option for me with a dealer about the same distance as the Kubota dealer. If you want to buy a tractor that keeps its value and has a reputation for reliability, buy a Kubota or JD. If that is worth less to you, then considering the Kioti is fine.

I view it as a Toyota/Honda vs Hyundai/Kia. Some people have good luck with all of them, but there is no escaping that Toyota/Honda have a better reputation for reliability and keep their value better.

Reactions: 8 users

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I view it as a Toyota/Honda vs Hyundai/Kia. Some people have good luck with all of them, but there is no escaping that Toyota/Honda have a better reputation for reliability and keep their value better.
I like this analogy when comparing the two tractor brands.
Especially considering I currently own vehicles from Toyota, Honda….and Kia (in addition to others).

Mike

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
My guess is most of us bought a Kubota. ;). Kioti was an option for me with a dealer about the same distance as the Kubota dealer. If you want to buy a tractor that keeps its value and has a reputation for reliability, buy a Kubota or JD. If that is worth less to you, then considering the Kioti is fine.

Thank you for the reply. Kubotas have treated me very well. It is very tempting though the money that I would save would pay for a new batwing mower. Oh the decisions

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thank you for the reply. Kubotas have treated me very well. It is very tempting though the money that I would save would pay for a new batwing mower. Oh the decisions
Kubota,.......ALL THE WAY!!!!
Though I have never bought a new one.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Kubotas have treated me very well.
This is what it boils down to. A known quantity for you vs. an unknown one. I looked at Kioti around the time I bought my M6060 and the only thing that gave me doubts was the lack of a proper dealership and service center near me. They are loaded with lots of nice features.

I tend to be loyal to companies that I have a good experience with, and given that I've owned or own four Kubota tractors and a generator, I'd have a hard time taking a chance on a different manufacturer.

If you decide to buy a Kioti and a new bat wing i hope you let us know your impressions and tell us how it works out for you.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
This is what it boils down to. A known quantity for you vs. an unknown one. I looked at Kioti around the time I bought my M6060 and the only thing that gave me doubts was the lack of a proper dealership and service center near me. They are loaded with lots of nice features.

I tend to be loyal to companies that I have a good experience with, and given that I've owned or own four Kubota tractors and a generator, I'd have a hard time taking a chance on a different manufacturer.

If you decide to buy a Kioti and a new bat wing i hope you let us know your impressions and tell us how it works out for you.
Thank you. Yes I will be sure too I posted this hoping that you guys would see price difference and persuaded me to try looting but seems you all are way smarter than me haha. I prob will wait to be honest and read some reviews on the kioti as it’s the first new utility tractor that size the kioti has built purely itself. Meaning it’s a daedong motor not Perkins or duetz. But thank you for your reply

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Dad had a Kioti. It was a good machine, he liked it. He had a Kubota before that - an older M. My view is that you may get more features in the Kioti on paper, but there's a bit less refinement in what's there - so the basic stuff is better on the Kubota. Things like loader operation, transmissions, and maintenance features (I know for example his Kubota had a magnetised bolt in the oil sump that pulls out metal filings, the Kioti I believe did not). It's small stuff. But the Kubotas have just been around longer, and you pay for all that detail.

If you're running a batwing, surely you care a bit about PTO HP? Although I guess you can just buy a bit bigger gross HP to get the same net at the PTO.

Reactions: 1 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Personally, if it was me looking at a tractor of that size, I would not stop at just 2 tractor brands. I would also be looking at JD, Case-IH, New Holland and any other big name brands to get a good comparison to what is available. I like my Kubota, but when I farmed, we had several brands of tractors, buying what fit the needs the best.

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
I just chose a Kioti over Kubota. Quality actually seems equal but to me the Kioti is way more comfortable and ergonomic. Basically a 15 year old design that has only had minor changes over the years with a good track record. I think saving almost $8k on a small tractor was a big plus but it wasn't the deciding factor. I think the Kioti your looking at is a fairly new model and I definitely would wait a couple years to see how they stand up.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Dad had a Kioti. It was a good machine, he liked it. He had a Kubota before that - an older M. My view is that you may get more features in the Kioti on paper, but there's a bit less refinement in what's there - so the basic stuff is better on the Kubota. Things like loader operation, transmissions, and maintenance features (I know for example his Kubota had a magnetised bolt in the oil sump that pulls out metal filings, the Kioti I believe did not). It's small stuff. But the Kubotas have just been around longer, and you pay for all that detail.

If you're running a batwing, surely you care a bit about PTO HP? Although I guess you can just buy a bit bigger gross HP to get the same net at the PTO.
Thank you. Pto hp does matter but the oil and gas leases I cut don’t get to thick of grass. On the other hand I need a 10000lb plus tractor for the stability and clearance as it is steep ditches and burms.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Personally, if it was me looking at a tractor of that size, I would not stop at just 2 tractor brands. I would also be looking at JD, Case-IH, New Holland and any other big name brands to get a good comparison to what is available. I like my Kubota, but when I farmed, we had several brands of tractors, buying what fit the needs the best.
Agreed. I will also do that. I realize the saying you pay for what you get holds true. John Deere is out of the question I did price one out I just can’t justify that price for a piece of equipment that only gets used 3 months out of the year. Thanks for the reply

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I just chose a Kioti over Kubota. Quality actually seems equal but to me the Kioti is way more comfortable and ergonomic. Basically a 15 year old design that has only had minor changes over the years with a good track record. I think saving almost $8k on a small tractor was a big plus but it wasn't the deciding factor. I think the Kioti your looking at is a fairly new model and I definitely would wait a couple years to see how they stand up.
Yes. Kioti has definitely come along way in terms of fit and finish compared to even 10 years ago. This hx1115 was very impressive with features and quality. Surprised me actually. Both my M series tractors work fine so I’m in no hurry to replace them. I’ll look at reviews on the kioti as time goes on. Thanks for the reply

Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
So before I go into a long speech I do realize this is a Kubota forum haha. So today I got rained out at work and went for a drive. Stopped at my local Kubota dealer and Kioti dealer. Got talking to the Kubota dealer asked what my 2018 M6-111 with m46 loader and 3700hrs was worth on trade for a new m6-114s or m6-111 power shift my tractor is worth 80,000CND and new tractors are worth 136,000 and 159,000 with loader and 3 rear remotes. Stopped at Kioti he looked at my tractor said it’s worth $85,000 and I could get a Kioti HX1115 (115hp) with loader for $110,000 has 3 remotes. The kioti has so many options compared to the kubotas. The kioti loses quite a bit of hp on the pto compared to Kubota but 83hp pto is more than sufficient. Just wondering what you good folks would do in this situation
Good day.

To your question…’what good folks would do in this situation’…I am not sure you were referring to me🥶, but my first question is did you go to dealer to burn time and kick tires while raining or are you planning to buy a new machine? ( I read thread as you went to dealer as nothing better to do while raining.). For me if I did not need to replace my machine I would not trade in, much less switch brands.

If really wanting to sell/trade and buy, then I would have to think about what tractor spec I am looking for, as well as after sales service and parts, and finally some estimate of total cost of ownership over whatever time period you expect to have the machine. (Sort of the wild card is reliability of each machine…it’s really hard to forecast that other based on reputation, and that is no guarantee of future)

I am not familiar with your current model or what you are looking at, but the difference in price is not even close IMO. Personally I would be in analysis paralysis trying to figure out the gap…are they really similar size spec and capability(s)? (Sometimes models between brands not apple to apple even though advertised as competitor). Anyway consider if the specs are comparable. I’d also through in a comparable model from another brand as well for Ss and Gs just as check and see if missing something. Or not making a fair comparison. At some point have to come to terms with is there a reasonable difference between machines or it’s a lower price, and why the price would be lower by that much? Could be Kubota is over priced. Is that at one dealer or all dealers. (What’s MSRP on comparable spec’d machines between the brands?)

Lets us know how it goes. Good luck.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
Good day.

To your question…’what good folks would do in this situation’…I am not sure you were referring to me🥶, but my first question is did you go to dealer to burn time and kick tires while raining or are you planning to buy a new machine? ( I read thread as you went to dealer as nothing better to do while raining.). For me if I did not need to replace my machine I would not trade in, much less switch brands.

If really wanting to sell/trade and buy, then I would have to think about what tractor spec I am looking for, as well as after sales service and parts, and finally some estimate of total cost of ownership over whatever time period you expect to have the machine. (Sort of the wild card is reliability of each machine…it’s really hard to forecast that other based on reputation, and that is no guarantee of future)

I am not familiar with your current model or what you are looking at, but the difference in price is not even close IMO. Personally I would be in analysis paralysis trying to figure out the gap…are they really similar size spec and capability(s)? (Sometimes models between brands not apple to apple even though advertised as competitor). Anyway consider if the specs are comparable. I’d also through in a comparable model from another brand as well for Ss and Gs just as check and see if missing something. Or not making a fair comparison. At some point have to come to terms with is there a reasonable difference between machines or it’s a lower price, and why the price would be lower by that much? Could be Kubota is over priced. Is that at one dealer or all dealers. (What’s MSRP on comparable spec’d machines between the brands?)

Thank
Good day.

Thank you for the reply. I was tire kicking for sure and just killing time as I took my dad for his appointment. I’m really in no hurry to trade or I might just keep what I have. I have compared all similar models. I pull 5500lb 15ft bat wings all day through the most terrible terrain you could think of haha. I need a big heavy wide tractor to keep planted.
10000lb plus Tractor is what is safe and efficient. The kioti beats out on paper basically all the specs compared to kubota except pto hp. I’m gonna look at other brands as well just very surprised with price for what you get on kioti

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you want info on a Kioti I'd suggest going to a forum for that machine, either TBN or FB. You should be able to find someone who knows specifically about the tractor you want.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Thank

Thank you for the reply. I was tire kicking for sure and just killing time as I took my dad for his appointment. I’m really in no hurry to trade or I might just keep what I have. I have compared all similar models. I pull 5500lb 15ft bat wings all day through the most terrible terrain you could think of haha. I need a big heavy wide tractor to keep planted.
10000lb plus Tractor is what is safe and efficient. The kioti beats out on paper basically all the specs compared to kubota except pto hp. I’m gonna look at other brands as well just very surprised with price for what you get on kioti
For the type of money one of those machines cost I would think asking for a demo with the implement you plan to use should not be a problem.

jampy00

Equipment
BX1880
Jan 11, 2024
Ontario, Canada
I would suggest you make the same post on a Kioti forum as others have said.
I bought Kubota based on dealer being 6 mins away from my house, if they were a Kioti dealer I'd own a Kioti..

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
For the type of money one of those machines cost I would think asking for a demo with the implement you plan to use should not be a problem.
Agreed. The branch manager said kioti really wants to get their products know he told me to take the kioti for a couple days to see how I liked it. 👍