Fair Prices

WFM

Premium Member

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I had a customer a short time ago that took his two kids to a maine fair the gate price was $20. each and included rides.
He said I'm not going on rides.
And my kids will only ride a couple. So I drive 1 1/2 hrs and I'm not paying $60. To get in.
That's ridiculous. So she charged him $40. And he went in.
I'm not a huge fair person but was thinking of going to Lancaster NH fair Saturday, I checked the website it's $25. Per person admission. Rides included. I don't go on rides.
I just checked fryburg fair. Admission last yr was $12.
This year it's $15., but no rides included.

BBFarmer

Equipment
L3560HSTC-LE, L3301
Jul 12, 2024
Southeastern MS
I would say be thankful you can even attend your fair. We wrote ours off here in Jackson, MS about 12 years ago when a certain group of people started to take it over making it no longer family friendly.

Few years after that all the good vendors stopped coming.

Then a few years ago they decided the good ole folks could no longer conceal carry.

Then last year, that same group of bad individuals started random shootings, looting cars, etc...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I cant tell you the last time I went you our fair,, back when I was much younger Allegheny County had a big fair. And it was closed down, because the county commissioners in Da Burgh ,though it gave Da Burgh a bad image as being to rural and to many farmers, and their dirty animals, were destroying the up and coming image they wanted to present.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I had a customer a short time ago that took his two kids to a maine fair the gate price was $20. each and included rides.
He said I'm not going on rides.
And my kids will only ride a couple. So I drive 1 1/2 hrs and I'm not paying $60. To get in.
That's ridiculous. So she charged him $40. And he went in.
I'm not a huge fair person but was thinking of going to Lancaster NH fair Saturday, I checked the website it's $25. Per person admission. Rides included. I don't go on rides.
I just checked fryburg fair. Admission last yr was $12.
This year it's $15., but no rides included.
I feel your pain.

Just last week, we took my wife's "Little Sister" (Big Brothers, Big Sisters) to a local fair.

$24 -Admission
$50 - Ride Tickets (for 50 tickets. Each ride was between 3-5 tickets per person)
$15 - Two games to win a stuffed animal
$7- One waffle Ice cream sandwich
$6 - one order of fries
$23 - two sausage sandwiches and an A-treat beverage
$25- temporary tattoo
$10- for 10 mins on some bouncy gym thing
$15 - for a funny trump hat (that was worth the $)

Total - I didn't add it up. It was worth it to bring a smile to that girls face.

However, we had her here a month ago and she had more fun on the quad and two of my toys...

Payge mini 1.JPG

Payge Tractor 1.JPG

Payge Tractor 2.JPG

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

notaz3

Mar 16, 2021
ID
We have a fair in a few weeks that my daughter will show/sale her steer. Next month is the fair her lambs will be shown/sold. If it wasn't for the livestock, we wouldn't be going.

Reactions: 1 user