FAB Tools

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Having this surplus of metal I brought home, projects are waiting, and all I have are cut-off wheels. That's a slow process.

Today I ordered a LOTOS LTP5000D Plasma Cutter and a 77pc "consumables kit". I also got a "Y" splitter so I can have the MIG and Plasma Cutter plugged-in and ready for use.

*Inspired by @Runs With Scissors* 👋

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150 Kubota LA 350 750 Woods S250 Bobcat 300x deere
Jul 18, 2024
CT
Having this surplus of metal I brought home, projects are waiting, and all I have are cut-off wheels. That's a slow process.

Today I ordered a LOTOS LTP5000D Plasma Cutter and a 77pc "consumables kit". I also got a "Y" splitter so I can have the MIG and Plasma Cutter plugged-in and ready for use.

*Inspired by @Runs With Scissors* 👋
Get a good air dryer or your plasma cutter will just become and expensive dust collector…. Dry air is a must and not some little water catcher…
Enjoy…

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Get a good air dryer or your plasma cutter will just become and expensive dust collector…. Dry air is a must and not some little water catcher…
Enjoy…
Have any suggestions?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Have any suggestions?
from another thread about the same subject. (https://www.orangetractortalks.com/...love-with-some-new-angle-grinder-disks.70497/)

I purchased a Desiccant Dryer,5 Stage,30 CFM by Speedaire on Amazon when I found one at a deep discount. ($188 plus tax). That unit normally costs $684.01. While you don't need anything nearly as expensive, there are lots of similar options available to you. What I like about mine are the beads, when they turn pink, you put them in the oven and heat them for an hour or so on a clean cookie sheet. Remove and let cool and reuse them in the filter and they continue to absorb moisture.

[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 user

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
These things work great. I actually have one of the original design. I can use a roll of toilet paper in it. They discovered that this was possible and changed the dimensions. So they could sell more of their inserts of course. But it is definitely effective

Attachments

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
I also devised this setup about 15 yrs ago. Plumb air out of the compressor through series of baseboard heat, then into the tank. Moisture drops out of cool air faster thereby drops to the bottom of the tank and is not circulated. The sections of baseboard will actually start pinging when releasing the heat.
No clogging issues with glass bead cabinet since.

Attachments

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
These things work great. I actually have one of the original design. I can use a roll of toilet paper in it. They discovered that this was possible and changed the dimensions. So they could sell more of their inserts of course. But it is definitely effective
Figures, I may have been interested in that one. Not now.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I also devised this setup about 15 yrs ago. Plumb air out of the compressor through series of baseboard heat, then into the tank. Moisture drops out of cool air faster thereby drops to the bottom of the tank and is not circulated. The sections of baseboard will actually start pinging when releasing the heat.
No clogging issues with glass bead cabinet since.
That's creative. Your pump looks like the one on my 30 gallon Campbell Hausfeld. My dad bought it new back in the early 80's. I drug it out from under the bench today and cleaned it all up. I changed the oil and installed a new factory filter. Another option with the Plasma Cutter.