BX23 3-Point Gauge

Jopet

Equipment
Bx23
Aug 26, 2024
Colorado
Hello,

I have a BX23 and when using any 3-Point implement I am having a hard time gauging how far down the implement is. In the larger tractor there is a position selector but on the BX23 it seems like a guessing game how deep to cut.
for example, I’m cutting grass one direction and need to turn around. I raise the impliment, turn around and ready for the next row; how do it return the 3-point to its previous position? Does anyone know of a hack or way to gauge the depth of cut or limit the down travel?

Thanks in advance!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
BX tractors don’t have position control as you’ve figured out. Real limiting factor for some folks.

A work-around can be using check chains to limit downward travel.

I’ve considered them for my BX, but haven’t gotten to figuring out how /where to connect the chains to the tractor and 3PH.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
BX tractors don’t have position control as you’ve figured out. Real limiting factor for some folks.

A work-around can be using check chains to limit downward travel.

I’ve considered them for my BX, but haven’t gotten to figuring out how /where to connect the chains to the tractor and 3PH.
Connect chains to the very most bottom of the ROP. Heavy turnbuckles in that chain-length would be a plus.