Fuel pressure off lift pump?

Matchstick

Equipment
Kubota L3400
Jan 17, 2022
North Idaho
I have low HP and I think its fuel starved. Runs but maybe half power. Anyone know the pressure output of the tiny fuel pump. My stock one was nothing so I bought new ( China) and its nil. I hooked up a fuel pressure tester and it shows maybe 1 lb. flow to separator is steady. I'm going to hook a temporary electric one to try to get it moveable but I would rather have a manual factory style. Testing the injector pump will be next.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I have low HP and I think its fuel starved. Runs but maybe half power. Anyone know the pressure output of the tiny fuel pump. My stock one was nothing so I bought new ( China) and its nil. I hooked up a fuel pressure tester and it shows maybe 1 lb. flow to separator is steady. I'm going to hook a temporary electric one to try to get it moveable but I would rather have a manual factory style. Testing the injector pump will be next.
I replaced (and was perplexed) as well by a Kubota fuel pump not long ago. In my case even the replacement pump that may have contributed to solving my fuel delivery issue provided very little pressure. Similar to a small air pump one used in an aquarium back in 1974. There was no steady high pressure output on either my old or the replacement unit. Check the flow coming from the tank you may have an obstruction. 1 lb. of flow is probably enough. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I believe the lift pumps are generally low pressure.

Is there good flow from the tank to the inlet of lift pump?

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I’m not familiar with your L3430, but if you have a flow problem from the tank to the lift pump it would be where I’d focus my efforts.

Start from the tank and isolate where fuel flow is restricted.

Many L series have a water separator that can be problematic.

That said, start at the tank and proceed forward in the system. Blockage could be at the outlet of the tank. Next suspect would be the filter/separator and the 90 degree inlet into the housing. There’s also some issues with the gaskets in the housing proper.

Last edited: