BX2350V won't start

Dronepilotmike

Equipment
BX2350V
Aug 26, 2024
Connecticut
Hello, I'm looking for some advice.

I had just finished mowing my lawn and parked the BX2350V outside my garage door to access other equipment. An hour later I went to pull it inside and this is what I can determine so far
"Key to accessory" you hear the fuel cutoff solenoid click on and the fuel pump come on, gages do there calibration.
"Key to Glow" and the glow light comes on but then dims and the whole dash goes out.
"Key to start" and nothing at all.
"Key from accessory with fuel pump running and fuel cutoff on and go directly to start I might get the starter to throw out to gear to engage the flywheel but that's as far as it gets.
There appears to be a short in the system.
I've cleaned the battery contacts, battery leads on the starter and grounds to the starter and the frame. Still having the same issue.
Could bad glow plugs cause this?
Ignition Switch?
I have a battery tester coming today to double check that, but it does show 12.75 volts which I know in some cases doesn't mean anything.
Again the fuel pump comes on strong and the fuel cutoff works but then everything dims and goes out going through the glow plug lighting process.
Thanks for any assistance in solving this issue.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Not a 'short'....that would blow any number of fuses.
Since the dash does normal things... not a short, shows power is flowing, just not the high current needed for starting.
Probably have a bad battery cable. It's gone 'high resistance' and won't allow high current to flow through. Either that or bad electrical connections.
You might have a 'bad' battery. Since it read 12+ volts, use jumpers and battery out of your truck or car.
Cables can look 'ok' but are corroded on the inside 'core'.
How old are the cables ?

Reactions: 1 user

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Likely bad battery.
Make sure you check and clean BOTH ENDS of the battery cables, though.

Reactions: 1 user

Dronepilotmike

Equipment
BX2350V
Aug 26, 2024
Connecticut
Not a 'short'....that would blow any number of fuses.
Since the dash does normal things... not a short, shows power is flowing, just not the high current needed for starting.
Probably have a bad battery cable. It's gone 'high resistance' and won't allow high current to flow through. Either that or bad electrical connections.
You might have a 'bad' battery. Since it read 12+ volts, use jumpers and battery out of your truck or car.
Cables can look 'ok' but are corroded on the inside 'core'.
How old are the cables ?
Cables are original but it is stored inside the garage. With the way it was acting I just didn't want to damage anything by jumping it. I'll check the battery and cables tonight and attempt a jump start. Then make sure the alternator is also doing its job. Thank you.