z726xkw-60 engine mounting bolt

vipertblck

Equipment
z726xkw-60
Aug 25, 2024
IL
hi. crawled under to check and have 3 outa 4 engine mounting bolts in tact. here to see if anyone has a p/n for the correct mounting bolt i need, as well as the correct torque spec for the other 3 so i can check them too. i know they're metric but it looks like it's about a 3/8" bolt @ 1.225" long. tried searching online but didn't have much luck finding what i'm looking for.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
It is probably a 10 mm bolt which is 0.397 inches. The length you show is 30 mm.

There should be some numbers on the head of the bolt that show the strength (10.8 for example)

Take one of the remaining bolts to the hardware store. They should have something to measure the bolt thread with. For instance at a Home Depot they have a board with some threaded studs and some internally threaded “nuts” on a board. They cover the metric threads in all available pitches so it is easy to be sure what you have.

Home Depot is pretty good about having the finer pitch bolts iIn their stores in the drawers of specialty hardware. They are alway’s missed up so look through various compartments in the drawer to find the correct bolt. It will probably be in a plastic bag.

A local bolt supplier will have it in stock also.

I would just use the standard torque on the bolt or just get it tight by hand and use a normal box end wrench and give it a good pull but not like a gorilla!

vipertblck

Equipment
z726xkw-60
Aug 25, 2024
IL
It is probably a 10 mm bolt which is 0.397 inches. The length you show is 30 mm.

There should be some numbers on the head of the bolt that show the strength (10.8 for example)

Take one of the remaining bolts to the hardware store. They should have something to measure the bolt thread with. For instance at a Home Depot they have a board with some threaded studs and some internally threaded “nuts” on a board. They cover the metric threads in all available pitches so it is easy to be sure what you have.

Home Depot is pretty good about having the finer pitch bolts iIn their stores in the drawers of specialty hardware. They are alway’s missed up so look through various compartments in the drawer to find the correct bolt. It will probably be in a plastic bag.

A local bolt supplier will have it in stock also.

I would just use the standard torque on the bolt or just get it tight by hand and use a normal box end wrench and give it a good pull but not like a gorilla!
thanks for the info! i was wrong initially though. kawasaki engine, i was almost certain it was metric; it was not. it's just a 3/8-16 bolt! i'd have to double check but i think a 3/8-16 torque is around 40 ft/lbs, but this is going into aluminum too, not steel. is it to be torqued dry or with loc-tite?