L3901 with backhoe. Rear remotes and 3rd function

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Im in the process of installing a 2 spool on my 3902. Do you have a photo of yours all mounted and hoses ran? I think I see how Im going to mount mine, but its usually helpful to see the results of someone who‘s done it prior.

thanks
This is my quick and dirty "temporary" installation next to the loader valve. Fine for a third function but not the best location for rear remotes. The rear remotes are Faster sleeveless push/pull connect under pressure couplers using one Summit DPOCV and one plain shop made block.

The plumbing for tje valve is trivial and starts at the loader valve:

PB->P
PB->Outlet block
T->T

Dan

1000002871.jpg

1000002870.jpg

chris_the_wrench

Equipment
L3902
Oct 31, 2023
Chinook Pass
This is my quick and dirty "temporary" installation next to the loader valve. Fine for a third function but not the best location for rear remotes.
Are you planning on someday moving them down below the seat like you had them laid out in your previous photo? I kinda considered mounting the rear remotes near the loader. Do you find that is not a great location because of how you use them or the extra effort to run four hoses to the rear?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Are you planning on someday moving them down below the seat like you had them laid out in your previous photo? I kinda considered mounting the rear remotes near the loader. Do you find that is not a great location because of how you use them or the extra effort to run four hoses to the rear?
My long term plan is to duplicate the OEM valve mounting using off the shelf valves. I got this far before health problems sidelined me. Hope to get back to it once the docs do their magic. My original intent was to produce these and upgraded rear outlets for sale at about half the cost of OEM.

Dan
1000000052.jpg

1000000058.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

chris_the_wrench

Equipment
L3902
Oct 31, 2023
Chinook Pass
My original intent was to produce these and upgraded rear outlets for sale at about half the cost of OEM.
Definitely a market for that!! I think Im going to try and mount my two spool down there, but Im not tying into the port on the side of the block like you did, I'll just run hoses to the manifold. But I will see once I get the hoses and fittings how much real estate is down there and whether it's worth the hassle.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Definitely a market for that!! I think Im going to try and mount my two spool down there, but Im not tying into the port on the side of the block like you did, I'll just run hoses to the manifold. But I will see once I get the hoses and fittings how much real estate is down there and whether it's worth the hassle.
Plenty of market but the factory is closed for repairs 😳

What valve do you have? Plenty of room to mount snd plumb a compact 2 spool monoblock under the seat as shown in my earlier picture. The main issue I found is getting sufficient clearance for the handles to operate - especially if you have a float position. Not a huge deal. At most the sheet metal trim panel may have to be chopped or removed. I abandoned that location (mission creep) before getting that far.

Dan

PS> The OEM valve stack is still plumbed with hoses except the tank return which is via the aluminum adapter and a port in the side of the transmission. The main gain is a more ergonomic and prettier control handle placement.

Last edited: