Drilling and Tapping my ROPS for LED Lights.."OH The Madness"

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well, that is different in a couple of ways. First, it involves a highly regulated industry. Second, it is insurance through his employer for a death on the job. However even with those issues, there must be more to the story or the family failed to get good legal representation.

EDIT: Of course, the employer insurance may also have very specific exclusions based on violating operating procedures and/or safety requirements/laws. In that case, the decedent undertook the risk.

In any event, I was referring to life insurance that people carry unrelated to their tractor ownership. The point being that negligence does not void your life insurance. Laws vary by state; in Georgia life insurance is incontestable after two years (presuming all premiums have been paid).
OK I got what you are saying. And the rest of the story is this young man was self employed . He was in the process of stripping his own land, for coal to enter into the market for house coal. So I doubt there was any business Ins involved.
All of the nuances of the the Ins investigation were not privy to us. although the lawyers did petition the Government for all of our notes, drawings and finding. It was the brother of this young man that told me about the findings of the Ins company . I do know for a fact his wife had to sell everything , a sad state to say the least

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
OK I got what you are saying. And the rest of the story is this young man was self employed . He was in the process of stripping his own land, for coal to enter into the market for house coal. So I doubt there was any business Ins involved.
All of the nuances of the the Ins investigation were not privy to us. although the lawyers did petition the Government for all of our notes, drawings and finding. It was the brother of this young man that told me about the findings of the Ins company . I do know for a fact his wife had to sell everything , a sad state to say the least
Well, there is definitely more to the story. If it happened in PA and PA law has not changed, PA has the same 2 year incontestability law as GA.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
OK, humour me, WHY did you fill the ROPS with spray foam ?
What Skeets said - the HST whine travels through the ROPS much like a tuning fork - as you deaden the vibration with foam it cuts out a lot of that whine

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well, there is definitely more to the story. If it happened in PA and PA law has not changed, PA has the same 2 year incontestability law as GA.
All I can tell you is what was relayed to me I was enforcement and investigation. Are you a lawyer ?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Would the ROPS be considered compromised if you were to take it off and inject the foam from the bottom of the ROPS? How about if you used the holes that I have recently heard on the forums that Kubota puts into the ROPS?