Compression issue

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The copper washers should be for the injectors.
My question is in new head gasket kit there are 3 copper washers and I cannot work out where they go. Are they surplus on my v1702 engine but used on an engine which uses this kit.
Might I suggest more coffee Mr. 007... 🤣 :p

3 copper washers... V1702... 4 cylinder... ;)

They are probably washers for the fuel system or for various plugs.
And it's not uncommon for generic kits to have too many parts.
Picture and sizes of washers might help narrow it down.

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.

Ok. I had only had a little bit of coffee. You never know the Chinese kits are always short parts. LOL

Neil Gigha

Equipment
L2850. M5112
Aug 11, 2024
Uk

Hi. They are of a size that would fit snuggly over the long bolts holding down the rocker and ultimately the rocker cover. Cheers Neil

Reactions: 1 user

Neil Gigha

Equipment
L2850. M5112
Aug 11, 2024
Uk
Hi all.
After some issues obtaining correct parts I have finally got tractor back together. Engine turned over fine but would not start. I presume it was a fuel bleeding issue. I eventually got it started with a set of jump leads onto another tractor. Once started it ran fine and sounds great however there was some smoke coming from both the back of the injector pump and from the vent on the rocker cover. Iv read the phrase blowback on here and this seems to be what I imagined it to be. I did put far too much oil in before I started it and have since removed some but it is still a little high. As I said it seems to be running fine and starts no problem even when left overnight. This morning when I started it there was less smoke but after a while started to smoke a bit more. After running at 1000rpm for about 20 mins the oil pressure light started to blink and then come on fully. It did the same yesterday so seems to be coming on once the oil is hot and is definitely a bit thinner. If engine is revved further the light goes out. Also the more you rev it the less smoke there seems to be. The smoke from the exhaust has a definite blue tinge to it.
Any ideas as to why oil light comes on. Temp gauge dosnt seem to be working so not sure it temp is too high or if oil pressure switch is faulty or even if blowback is affecting oil pressure.
Another thing I should add is that one of the head bolts (not outside)snapped when I was tightening them down (to spec I might add) but since there are 18 altogether and there are 2 fairly close I charged on anyway. As I said engine sounds good with all 4 cylinders now firing.
Cheers Neil