L3901 & LA525 loader hydraulic connections

Zaphod01

Equipment
L3901 w/LA525
Jul 23, 2024
Westmoreland, NH
I've got what feels like a couple stupid questions about the hydraulic disconnects for a LA525 FEL. It would save me a bunch of research time if someone could answer them...first, is it normal to have the female connectors mounted to the hoses for the FEL right at the joystick controller? The males are mounted to the body of the joystick valve. This seems to be the opposite of what I have seen on other tractors (Mahindra, Ford, JD). Or is this a Kubota thing? My second question is: are the hydraulic connections at the joystick a standard connector that I can go to any tractor supply store for? I heard an ugly rumor that these are Kubota only, and that I have to go to a dealer if I want mating connectors.
Kubota_FEL_hydraulic_fittings.jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I've got what feels like a couple stupid questions about the hydraulic disconnects for a LA525 FEL. It would save me a bunch of research time if someone could answer them...first, is it normal to have the female connectors mounted to the hoses for the FEL right at the ojoystick controller? The males are mounted to the body of the joystick valve. This seems to be the opposite of what I have seen on other tractors (Mahindra, Ford, JD). Or is this a Kubota thing? My second question is: are the hydraulic connections at the joystick a standard connector that I can go to any tractor supply store for? I heard an ugly rumor that these are Kubota only, and that I have to go to a dealer if I want mating connectors. View attachment 135551
The couplers on the loader are standard 3/8" ISO 7241B. That is not the same as and will not interoperate with the much more common ISO 5675 (aka Pioneer) ag couplers you will find at your local Tractor supply.

I believe the ports in the valve are most likely SAE-08 oring boss but not 100% positive.

I see no value in reversing the gender of the plumbing.

Dan

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The couplers on the loader are standard 3/8" ISO 7241B. That is not the same as and will not interoperate with the much more common ISO 5675 (aka Pioneer) ag couplers you will find at your local Tractor supply.

I believe the ports in the valve are most likely SAE-08 oring boss but not 100% positive.

I see no value in reversing the gender of the plumbing.

Dan
Agreed. I am not wishing to be younger again (not wishing life away either), but it sure was nice as a young man and not having to worry about getting tricked by the plumbing. 😉

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
This seems to be the opposite of what I have seen on other tractors (Mahindra, Ford, JD). Or is this a Kubota thing?
Kubota and some Korean OEM's do that, but yes it's mostly opposite of what most manufacturers do.

The couplers on the loader are standard 3/8" ISO 7241B.
^^^^
What he said. No machine made today has proprietary couplers.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If the female are the push/pull (break away) style you probably want them on the hose not the valve. That way you can grab the sleeve and push it onto the male half that is held by the valve. Then to remove it, just grab the sleeve and pull.

to be a break away arrangement the female sleeve is held static on the tractor and the hose and inner portion of the female sleeve move.

The valve and system I purchased were set up with the female (breakaway) coupler on the valve and it takes two hands to install or remove one hose. I will eventually probably reverse that arrangement so it can be a one handed effort to connect or disconnect a hose.

And if you can read the small numbers and letters on the coupler you can find out a lot of information about the coupler by using the internet.