Front mount snow blower for an L3800

babbledash

Equipment
Kubota B7800, Kubota ZD28, Kubota ZD25, Kubota RTV900
Aug 20, 2024
SE MN
I have several pieces of Kubota equipment, but have been light in the tractor category for a few years now. All I currently have a B7800 with a front mount blower/broom that operate off the mid using an undercarriage. Im going to have a VERY hard time giving up the front blower. I plow several hundred yards through various terrain (would be a stretch to be more diverse than me for the whole route).

That said, the B7800 is a Might Mite that is just way too tiny to effective for me. A higher horse L is likely the mark if I am going for a single machine, but then Im out of the mid-mounts unless the equipment is newer. I appreciate 10 year old equipment. I have a literal fleet compared to most of amazing running machines because of that tactic. I have a bead on a 2013 L3800 with 300 hours, loader, hog and back blade for 14k. It's a nuts steal, so hard to not take that path.

Let me know what kind of front mount options I could pull off. I am more talented than most with a welder and fabbing. That said, Im tired :). I am up any ideas. I am assuming it will be some external engine job hanging off the FEL QA. Any thoughts are appreciated no matter how crazy.

I know there are threads that have asked this, but they die pretty quick. I would like to brainstorm more if others are game.

EDIT: for awareness, I have had some 40 horse and 60 horse tractors on the property at times. They are ideal for my massive trees. That said, they are a bit big for snow and the like

CAPT Seabee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L5460
Dec 28, 2022
Bonners Ferry ID
Actually 40-60hp is in the proper range for me. I used to have a JD 1025R 23hp. That left 18hp going to the front blower. It struggled on 8 inches of wet snow. That, and I struggled being in -10 weather. Flash forward and I now have a Grand L 5460 with 46hp going to a front blower. I can now do in 45 minutes what used to take me 2 1/2 hours to do. And the heated cab puts more years into my ability to do the job.

8AE7B558-AA49-4D87-9301-864A02F57CC4_1_105_c.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

babbledash

Equipment
Aug 20, 2024
SE MN
Really appreciate all the feedback. Front mounts are the way. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't actually used (academic bellyaching at best). I'll keep an eye out for something with a mid that doesn't require a science project. I did grab the L3800 (was too cheap) and am going to turn it into the grapple and stump grinder semi-exclusively I believe. I have been looking at these newer rear mounted front-facing snow blowers. It seems a little crazy to drive over the top of what you are about to blow, but I would have had similar thoughts about brush mowing a 6+ foot jungle. Having down pressure on the arms for the blower I assume is the key.

I really am trying to reduce what I have on-hand, so dedicated devices even though they wipe the floor with an generic attempt... the reduced space is ideal. The other option is to drop one of the zero turns and go for an F with front blower and little cab.

Again... appreciate.

babbledash

Equipment
Aug 20, 2024
SE MN
This is a gorgeous outfit. Well done.

Actually 40-60hp is in the proper range for me. I used to have a JD 1025R 23hp. That left 18hp going to the front blower. It struggled on 8 inches of wet snow. That, and I struggled being in -10 weather. Flash forward and I now have a Grand L 5460 with 46hp going to a front blower. I can now do in 45 minutes what used to take me 2 1/2 hours to do. And the heated cab puts more years into my ability to do the job.

View attachment 135513

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25DLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yes, that is a nice set up that you have.

I like the snow handling set up I have with the 60+ hp tractor, hydraulic blade up front and a blower with hydraulic rotation and chute angle out back. Maybe in a few years I'll upgrade the snow blower from the current SB1574 to an SBP1674 or SBP1684 pull behind model if looking over my shoulder becomes too uncomfortable. I prefer my current set up to the BX25 with front mount snow blower that I used for 5 winters, but it's more nuanced than simply comparing a rear mount to a front mount.

mx6000_12-20-22.jpg

mx6000_4.jpg