Need Help with B7100 and accessories, Pricing

kaysmith7

Equipment
B7100, belly mower, front loader, parts
Aug 19, 2024
I don’t know much about tractors so I was hoping to find some people who know more that can help me. My dad passed away really suddenly and I sadly need to sell his tractor and the parts. I have no idea how to work it or fix it or price these things, I was happy enough that I figured out the steps to get it started. I just need a little direction because there aren’t a lot of these age/model for sale; I can’t find enough info to do this justice. The prices are all over, end up being different machines, and I’m having trouble finding a cost for the right accessories also, attached or not attached.

So it’s a Kubota B7100 hydrostatic 4wd. Purchased shiny new in 1993 and my dad babied the snot out of it. Garage kept its whole life other than the last year (it was in a barn shed). He not only kept up with all maintenance but probably definitely overdid it. He worked on it every weekend. we used to help him wax it regularly, he was always getting and changing parts and reading about it. As kids we weren’t even allowed on the same side of the garage with it (lol!), it was that precious to him. So, like think of the best maintained tractor and then upgrade an intense anal ocd person whose favorite item in life was the tractor. It did have to be parked in a barn for a year, which is where any of the dust in the grease came from, I started wiping the dust off so the condition of the tractor itself was more readily visible, but I haven’t gotten to all of it yet.

It has the front end loader attached, and probably will sell attached. That was bought the same year. Also have the 60in belly mower bought same year not attached to tractor so could sell separately. I have extra blades (I think sharpened already), so at least two sets, and boxes and boxes of various filters, oils, fluids, parts, all brand new in plastic. It has a three point hitch and has connected to a grader blade and a brush mower and trailer, and all worked great. I don’t think I have those items.

It moved snow off our little driveway and mowed 1 acre back yard for many many years, has never seen hard labor. 652 hours on the gauge. There is some paint worn off the front end bucket. No real rust even there or anywhere that I can find.

I also have all the manuals. It runs great. Sounds like it always has. It mostly sat for a year so probably may need some of the filters/fluids. But all repairs and maintenance were up to date when he passed so I doubt it needs a lot.

How do I price this? How do I sell it so my mom gets a fair amount for all the time and money they put into it? I have tons of photos so can share more.

I hope someone has some wisdom for me. Thank you so much!
Kristen

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2829.jpeg

IMG_2850.jpeg

Still need to clean this up more.

IMG_2851.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Kristen,

welcome to the forum - and we are very sorry for your loss too!!!!

Your dad took care of that machine MUCH better than most of us - it looks to be in greeeeat shape.

As for price - something like that is worth a good bit - first the B7100 is a billy goat on steroids - one of those tractors that will run forever and many still look for them ( I have owned 3) With those hours - it is barely broken in good!!!!

With the loader on the front and MMM and the shape it is in - $9,500 might be my starting point. Maybe higher - really depends on the market where you are located. The problem is - a newer BX model will come outfitted the exact same and will go used for 10K.

I would NOT sell anything separately - all or none - that is the perfect see up for a small farm usage.

Hold firm on a price too - DO NOT let someone talk you down, if but a little bit. If you do facebook marketplace, start there. YOU will get dozens of tire kickers and many will ask really stupid questions, but some will ask really intelligent questions - I know it hurts to sell it, but be firm with the experience.

Let us know IF we can help you in any way !

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I agree that prices for these older Kubota tractors can seem all over the place.

That being said you have a very nice example. I purchased a B7100 HST a few years (original date of purchase by first owner 6-10-1997) newer than your Dad's , used in about 2006 or so. 790 hours, NO loader, with mid mount belly mower and while it was a very nice machine it was not in the great condition your Dad's appear to be. I paid $4600 at the time.

Having a loader is huge, as many folks that purchase these older tractors get disappointed when they try and find a suitable used loader and all the mounting hardware, hydraulics etc needed to finish the installation.

I am going to go out on a limb and speculate you may be in the $10k to $14K range. There are folks out there that would be interested in your tractor due to a family member having one at one time , much like people that buy classic cars.

Some might say, it is too long out of production, no parts available etc. That may be valid but my experience most of the parts that may be an issue , dynamo bearings for example , can still be sourced.

I say you have a heck of nice B7100 HST , these things are little work horses, and you should get a good dollar amount for it.

Good luck with your sale.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I don’t know much about tractors so I was hoping to find some people who know more that can help me. My dad passed away really suddenly and I sadly need to sell his tractor and the parts. I have no idea how to work it or fix it or price these things, I was happy enough that I figured out the steps to get it started. I just need a little direction because there aren’t a lot of these age/model for sale; I can’t find enough info to do this justice. The prices are all over, end up being different machines, and I’m having trouble finding a cost for the right accessories also, attached or not attached.

So it’s a Kubota B7100 hydrostatic 4wd. Purchased shiny new in 1993 and my dad babied the snot out of it. Garage kept its whole life other than the last year (it was in a barn shed). He not only kept up with all maintenance but probably definitely overdid it. He worked on it every weekend. we used to help him wax it regularly, he was always getting and changing parts and reading about it. As kids we weren’t even allowed on the same side of the garage with it (lol!), it was that precious to him. So, like think of the best maintained tractor and then upgrade an intense anal ocd person whose favorite item in life was the tractor. It did have to be parked in a barn for a year, which is where any of the dust in the grease came from, I started wiping the dust off so the condition of the tractor itself was more readily visible, but I haven’t gotten to all of it yet.

It has the front end loader attached, and probably will sell attached. That was bought the same year. Also have the 60in belly mower bought same year not attached to tractor so could sell separately. I have extra blades (I think sharpened already), so at least two sets, and boxes and boxes of various filters, oils, fluids, parts, all brand new in plastic. It has a three point hitch and has connected to a grader blade and a brush mower and trailer, and all worked great. I don’t think I have those items.

It moved snow off our little driveway and mowed 1 acre back yard for many many years, has never seen hard labor. 652 hours on the gauge. There is some paint worn off the front end bucket. No real rust even there or anywhere that I can find.

I also have all the manuals. It runs great. Sounds like it always has. It mostly sat for a year so probably may need some of the filters/fluids. But all repairs and maintenance were up to date when he passed so I doubt it needs a lot.

How do I price this? How do I sell it so my mom gets a fair amount for all the time and money they put into it? I have tons of photos so can share more.

I hope someone has some wisdom for me. Thank you so much!
Kristen

View attachment 135334

View attachment 135330
View attachment 135332
Still need to clean this up more.

View attachment 135340
You have a beautifully preserved machine and you have heard from some folks that think its worth more than I do.

My problem with that machine is age. There are many essential parts that are simply NLA. Add to that you are competing against newer machines with improved features like quick detach loaders with SSQA and mid mount mowers that can coexist with the loader. As a buyer the only way I would take the less featured machine would be if it was significantly less expensive.

As I said its a besutiful machine but I think you will be hard pressed to find buyers if asking the same price as a machine thats 20 years newer.

Dan

ajschnitzelbank

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, BH92, Frost Bite grapple, Logosol M8 mill, Stihl MS661
Aug 24, 2021
Rensselaer County NY
Wow it’s gorgeous. Almost belongs somewhere for people to look at it, like a dealer showroom or something. I know that isn’t helpful at all, hah. Good luck with the sale.

• Love

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150 Kubota LA 350 750 Woods S250 Bobcat 300x deere
Jul 18, 2024
CT
Lots of us out there that wont buy a newer machine. Thats a great looking piece and 10-12k is what i think i would have paid. Actually looked for one with 200-400 hours for 5 years. Found one ( different model but close)just a couple months ago 200 hours in the same condition 34 years old with a hoe and loader paid up at 13k as it was just a garage queen. I would even entertain a BX when i was looking .Stick to your price it wont last long
IMG_8600.jpeg

Last edited: