Stalling B2601

Flower Farmer

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Aug 19, 2024
Maryland
Great forum!

I have a B2601 with 134 hours on it that is slow to start and stalls after about 15 seconds running. I changed the fuel filter to no avail then drained the fuel tank and replaced the fuel still to no avail. Ran a bit of diesel deep clean through, still no change from what I can tell.

It’s about four years old, used mostly for tilling and mowing.

Any thoughts?

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
Does it ,by chance, have a second fuel filter that you haven't found? Another easy thing to try is to open your fuel cap to see if it's vent is clogged. that's a long shot because it takes longer that 15 seconds as a rule. Another possibility is gasoline in the fuel.

Flower Farmer

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Aug 19, 2024
Maryland
Does it ,by chance, have a second fuel filter that you haven't found? Another easy thing to try is to open your fuel cap to see if it's vent is clogged. that's a long shot because it takes longer that 15 seconds as a rule. Another possibility is gasoline in the fuel.
Nah

Flower Farmer

Equipment
Kubota B2601
Aug 19, 2024
Maryland
Thanks for the thoughts! Just the one fuel filter, and no vacuum problem with the cap (tried that first and subsequently, repeated loosening it). There’s definitely not gasoline in the fuel, drained it completely and filled it from a new jug of new diesel myself.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Runs for 15 seconds and quits?

Does it shut off like turning the key off, or does it stumble and slowly quit?

If the former, bet it's a safety switch. If the latter, could be fuel related.

If the former, bet is seat switch.