BH92 buckets

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Yes it is possible. The QA coupler from Kubota is nearly $1000 tho. And my other bucket would need replace also to use the QA. Would rather just buy one bucket instead of multiple buckets and a QA.
I do understand the cost issue.
My Q/C came to me with the 2006 251 hour L48 TLB that I bought used.
I currently have a 24" bucket, a 16" bucket, and a 28" deep root ripper.
I love 'em all, but what a pain they would be without the Q/C.

I just helped a friend find buy a 2021 M62 TLB (amazing machine), and I insisted that we find him one with the Q/C bucket.
I found the perfect 295 hour machine (private sale) for him.......and..... HE paid the (OUCH) $63,500 bill.

If you have a standard bucket, you can easily have a welder convert it to the Q/C system.
The Q/C "ears", can be welded on your bucket, and are sold on E-Bay.

Last edited:

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
The excavator quick change adapter for the bh92/l47 BT is k7770 for anyone who wants to know. Should be 1.5" and 1.25" pins. My signature pic is of a bh92 with kubota thumb. I use the K78XX buckets. The excavator buckets are slightly taller than the orange kubota ones. The non excavator thumb(orange) still works fine.

Keep in mind there are several styles/Size class of kubota buckets:
  • Excavator pin on(orange)
  • Excavator quick att.(dk gray)
  • BH/BT pin on (orange)
  • BH/BT K exclusive quick change (orange)
  • BT excavator quick change(dk gray same as excavator)
Size classes for all are usually notated by the first two digits following the series part number. Large issue between the excavator pin on series, is they are paired metric bores. The BH/BT generally use two standard size bores.

Thumbs are the same orange is paired with orange buckets. Dark gray for the excavator series. They are relatively close so will more than likely work with either.

Kubota wont knowingly sell you a excavator quick change dk gray for the BH series. You have to "mod" by using the previous part number from the BT series.

Last edited:

Jay paul

Equipment
MX5400
Oct 27, 2023
SE alabama
I do understand the cost issue.
My Q/C came to me with the 2006 251 hour L48 TLB that I bought used.
I currently have a 24" bucket, a 16" bucket, and a 28" deep root ripper.
I love 'em all, but what a pain they would be without the Q/C.

I just helped a friend find buy a 2021 M62 TLB (amazing machine), and I insisted that we find him one with the Q/C bucket.
I found the perfect 295 hour machine (private sale) for him.......and..... HE paid the (OUCH) $63,500 bill.

If you have a standard bucket, you can easily have a welder convert it to the Q/C system.
The Q/C "ears", can be welded on your bucket, and are sold on E-Bay.
Thanks I will look for the ears on eBay

Jay paul

Equipment
MX5400
Oct 27, 2023
SE alabama
The excavator quick change adapter for the bh92/l47 BT is k7770 for anyone who wants to know. Should be 1.5" and 1.25" pins. My signature pic is of a bh92 with kubota thumb. I use the K78XX buckets. The excavator buckets are slightly taller than the orange kubota ones. The non excavator thumb(orange) still works fine.

Keep in mind there are several styles/Size class of kubota buckets:
  • Excavator pin on(orange)
  • Excavator quick att.(dk gray)
  • BH/BT pin on (orange)
  • BH/BT K exclusive quick change (orange)
  • BT excavator quick change(dk gray same as excavator)
Size classes for all are usually notated by the first two digits following the series part number. Large issue between the excavator pin on series, is they are paired metric bores. The BH/BT generally use two standard size bores.

Thumbs are the same orange is paired with orange buckets. Dark gray for the excavator series. They are relatively close so will more than likely work with either.

Kubota wont knowingly sell you a excavator quick change dk gray for the BH series. You have to "mod" by using the previous part number from the BT series.
Thanks for sharing all that compatibility information. After searching the net there is just not a lot of information for cross compatibility

Reactions: 1 user

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
MX5400, LA1065, BH92 Hy Thumb
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
We have a chance to buy a BH92 with extra buckets 18" & 12" QD and mounting plates for a MX5400. How much does a Hydraulic Thumb cost to purchase and then install DYI?
Thanks
Len

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
We have a chance to buy a BH92 with extra buckets 18" & 12" QD and mounting plates for a MX5400. How much does a Hydraulic Thumb cost to purchase and then install DYI?
Thanks
Len
Cost is a few thousand. The bh92 requires a valve be added to the stack as an aux valve/pedal. There is the weldment/cylinder kit that is also needed. Very expensive, and generally can only be found through dealer channels wholegoods. As a diy, the kit is not bad, I have installed two. Other options are aftermarket, and diverter valves. However, you will still be close to the cost of the Kubota kit, unless you make your own weldment/thumb. The oem kit is nicely integrated.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I read somewhere that there is a place located in GA that make Hydraulic thumbs it is OX something. Anyone know of this manufacture?
Thanks much!
OX Thumbs!
Carrolton, GA. ( 50 mi, West of ATL )
770-862-4653
I have their 28" root ripper to fit the Kubota mini ex., and TLB, with Kubota quick coupler.
Not cheap, but a magnificent product!

Last edited:

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
OX Thumbs!
Carrolton, GA. ( 50 mi, West of ATL )
770-862-4653
I have their 28" root ripper to fit the Kubota mini ex., and TLB, with Kubota quick coupler.
Not cheap, but a magnificent product!
Just bought a BH92 for our MX5400 and going to put a Hydraulic Thumb on it. Having a hard time to get anything for a BH from Kubota. They keep telling us that their third party BH supplier can't get parts. I think it's BS but going to try another manufacture.
Thanks for the info

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia
Just bought a BH92 for our MX5400 and going to put a Hydraulic Thumb on it. Having a hard time to get anything for a BH from Kubota. They keep telling us that their third party BH supplier can't get parts. I think it's BS but going to try another manufacture.
Thanks for the info
I contacted OX and unfortunately they can only make the Thumb and Cylinder. They can't make the Valve Kit.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
A thumb makes all the difference with wood or rock handling.

The M59 OEM foot control never suited me. Something about the ergonomics seemed awkward. Similar foot control on the B26 did better. Modified the M59 with bigger and slightly back cleats help fit my big feet. Also added a hand control that helps with delicate maneuvers. Hand control would make for easier mod.
IMG_2502.jpeg

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
One of the more useful backhoe attachment beside the thumb is a ripper tooth. So impressed with M59 ripper wanted one for the B26. Couldn’t find one so instead of making one, made an adapter to use the KX quick attach ripper on the B26. The little B26 can handle the excavator ripper just fine.

Another option is use your pin-on ears from your old bucket to make KX excavator attachment. Little more skill to make but gives versatility options.
IMG_2693.jpeg
IMG_2698.jpeg
IMG_2699.jpeg
IMG_2667.jpeg
IMG_2677.jpeg

Can see the difference between the 12” orange B26 QA bucket and 12” black excavator bucket. The difference would closer on BH92.
Note the excavator bucket has optional ESCO teeth from USA Attachments. Much better digging on my mixed soils than the Kubota teeth. Little smaller but sharper. Was a free upgrade at the time of purchase.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
One of the more useful backhoe attachment beside the thumb is a ripper tooth. So impressed with M59 ripper wanted one for the B26. Couldn’t find one so instead of making one, made an adapter to use the KX quick attach ripper on the B26. The little B26 can handle the excavator ripper just fine.

Another option is use your pin-on ears from your old bucket to make KX excavator attachment. Little more skill to make but gives versatility options. View attachment 135226 View attachment 135227 View attachment 135228 View attachment 135229 View attachment 135230

Can see the difference between the 12” orange B26 QA bucket and 12” black excavator bucket. The difference would closer on BH92.
Note the excavator bucket has optional ESCO teeth from USA Attachments. Much better digging on my mixed soils than the Kubota teeth. Little smaller but sharper. Was a free upgrade at the time of purchase.
I have the KX series quick connect ripper from OX Thumbs (Carrolton, GA).
I wanted maximum ripper length/depth, and theirs will rip to 28",...... the deepest ripper I could find.
A great tool!

Coyote Shadow Tracker

Equipment
Aug 6, 2024
Georgia

Another option is use your pin-on ears from your old bucket to make KX excavator attachment. Little more skill to make but gives versatility options. View attachment 135226 View attachment 135227 View attachment 135228 View attachment 135229 View attachment 135230

we have a brand new Orange 12" bucket on the way. Wish I could change to the 12" Black. Will it fit a BH92 QD and where did you get it? Maybe I could sell our new 12" and get the Black 12".
Thanks
Len & Jill

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
we have a brand new Orange 12" bucket on the way. Wish I could change to the 12" Black. Will it fit a BH92 QD and where did you get it? Maybe I could sell our new 12" and get the Black 12".
Thanks
Len & Jill
The black bucket pictured fits the Kubota mini-ex style quick connect coupler.
You need to know if you have a ( K7770 ) coupler on your machine to use that black bucket.

Smokeydog

Equipment
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Got both the M59 excavator coupler and black Kubota excavator buckets from USA Attachments in North Carolina.