Hydraulic Oil Cooler Hose (in) busted

quatre pot

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Aug 12, 2024
Lafayette, Louisiana
I purchased a 2023 MX6000 last year. Less than 50 hours. about a month ago, the inlet line to the hydraulic oil cooler busted a hole the size of my thumb and released all of my hydraulic oil. After going round and round with 2 dealers, bad weather, and a $50K tractor acting as a yard ornament for a month and a half, i ordered the replacement part and spliced the hose enough to move it around.
My question:
any advice on how to replace this hose without disassembling and dropping the axles? The hose clamp is hidden under the tractor

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
can you disconnect both ends, tie a long rope on one end then pull the hose out the other way, leaving the rope in it place? If so, do that, then tie new hose and pull rope back.
be sure to cover end though,say with tape to prevent 'stuff' from entering.
New hose 'should' have caps on it.....
Also lightly blow compressed air through hose before attaching just in case 'something' got in....

**** Be SURE you put correct end on the rope before you pull !!!

quatre pot

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Aug 12, 2024
Lafayette, Louisiana
can you disconnect both ends, tie a long rope on one end then pull the hose out the other way, leaving the rope in it place? If so, do that, then tie new hose and pull rope back.
be sure to cover end though,say with tape to prevent 'stuff' from entering.
New hose 'should' have caps on it.....
Also lightly blow compressed air through hose before attaching just in case 'something' got in....

**** Be SURE you put correct end on the rope before you pull !!!
unfortunately, I can’t disconnect it. That’s the issue. The hose clamp is tucked away between the axle and engine and the screw is facing upwards. Think of it like the first thing they did on this tractor was to connect this hose the the line coming from the transmission then they built the tractor around it

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Isn’t that a warranty item at such a young age?