What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
My @5elevendesignz grill guard did it's job well again.

20240811_115823.jpg

Tools of the job
20240811_120831.jpg

20240811_121332.jpg

20240811_122119.jpg

Not sure how many times this saved the grill since I installed it. This was the second time where it was hit hard enough to push it in where I had to massage it back to shape. Well worth every dollar I spent on it. I wish side guards were available for the LX.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

6869704x4

Equipment
L45TLB, 49 8N, 57 641, RTV-X1120D, Z422
Jun 29, 2011
SE, NM
Per ASTM, 2 threads in the nut will hold the shear strength of the bolt. Not sure I would agree either, but if Kubota can save $.03/bolt……I prefer to see at least 2 threads sticking out of the nut. My experience in MV switchgear has never been pleasant with short bolts.
That does sound crazy. Was taught in A&P school that at least two or three threads need to come through the nut for proper torque. Who's right?
Paging runs with scissors!

Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
L4060HSTC-LE, loaded. B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I finally got some time to get my B2410 cleaned up and some maintenance done on it. Did the oil and filter change, as well as air and fuel and topped off the hydraulic fluid. Since my barn is full of hay it has been sitting outside and there is some nasty stuff floating around, the tractor looked like it was sitting outside for years instead of 2 months. Power washed it and looks good again. Just need to get a regulator for it and it will be back to full strength.

I had some leftover scraps of tint and applied it to one door and the windshield of my L4060 so now I no longer get blinded in late afternoon. The dealer finally replaced the EGR valve a few months ago, and has been trouble free since. I need to get the fields cut but I have no where to store the hay. My neighbor plans to buy it all, but is doing it small batches at a time, and in the mean time I lost 210 bales due to rain. Could not get it moved in time. So for now just letting the fields grown.

Swamp Tractor

Equipment
Kubota L301
Aug 11, 2024
Givhans, SC
Well, new here to the site… I’m looking at my L3901 that is partially submerged under water due to the flooding in SC on the Edisto River!!! It’s fresh water but I’m debating on cranking it and moving it until the water goes down. I can’t find any information on max fording through water. Thanks for any advice and this is a great site!!!

• Wow

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
That does sound crazy. Was taught in A&P school that at least two or three threads need to come through the nut for proper torque. Who's right?
Paging runs with scissors!
There are two strengths for a bolt. The shear strength is when it is being loaded ”sideways“ like it is a pin. In that case you are trying to cut the bolt into two (or three) pieces. The nut is simply acting like a pin or circlip to hold it in place as it is being cut. That is what the post shows where this discussion started.

The second strength is in tension (pulling the head) and does require the full nut engagement with a couple of extra threads to get the full tensile bolt strength.

For simplicity most people are taught that ALL bolts must go through the nut. And that is best in both conditions and easier to always do the same thing.

Here is a link to more information if you are interested

Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Well, new here to the site… I’m looking at my L3901 that is partially submerged under water due to the flooding in SC on the Edisto River!!! It’s fresh water but I’m debating on cranking it and moving it until the water goes down. I can’t find any information on max fording through water. Thanks for any advice and this is a great site!!!
You didn’t get the picture to post. I think you need five posts before you can put in a photo.

But if the water was above the air filter inlet DO NOT try to crank the engine!

if it was up to the axles and still sitting in the water I would move it out of the water under its own power or pull it out is probably best.

Reactions: 1 users

Swamp Tractor

Equipment
Kubota L301
Aug 11, 2024
Givhans, SC
You didn’t get the picture to post. I think you need five posts before you can put in a photo.

But if the water was above the air filter inlet DO NOT try to crank the engine!

if it was up to the axles and still sitting in the water I would move it out of the water under its own power or pull it out is probably best.
It is up to the axles but not up to the air inlet. I was a little worried because hydraulic filter and oil filer are partially submerged. River crested last night and is going down. Still might just wait.

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
It is up to the axles but not up to the air inlet. I was a little worried because hydraulic filter and oil filer are partially submerged. River crested last night and is going down. Still might just wait.

Hi sir, welcome to OTT.

If the water is receding, I would just wait.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
There are two strengths for a bolt. The shear strength is when it is being loaded ”sideways“ like it is a pin. In that case you are trying to cut the bolt into two (or three) pieces. The nut is simply acting like a pin or circlip to hold it in place as it is being cut. That is what the post shows where this discussion started.

The second strength is in tension (pulling the head) and does require the full nut engagement with a couple of extra threads to get the full tensile bolt strength.

For simplicity most people are taught that ALL bolts must go through the nut. And that is best in both conditions and easier to always do the same thing.

Here is a link to more information if you are interested
Note that the picture in their article shows a typical bolt with threads that are not complete for nearly two threads.
1723413913311.png

BT3101

Equipment
L3130 GST, FEL, Taylor Way BH W/Subframe, Rotary Cutter, Pallet Forks
Mar 20, 2016
Evansville, IN, USA
Picked up 225 bales this afternoon. Here in S Indiana, we've had 4 days of incredible weather for August. Low to mid 80s and low humidity. Normally we are in mid 90s and high humidity, making it miserable.

Picking up hay was fun!

Hay Pickup.jpg