2 small fabrication jobs.

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT
2 small fab jobs to make things a little better for my woods 750 hoe. Big feet so cut off guards that no other hoes have. They were definitely ankle breakers. Now need a small weld on step. Painted were i cut.
Than welded up a pin and bent a handle that i can remove from seat to lock hoe from swing. Now to find a place to weld a bracket on to hold pin when using hoe.
IMG_8660.jpeg
IMG_8661.jpeg
IMG_8659.jpeg
IMG_8658.jpeg

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
2 small fab jobs to make things a little better for my woods 750 hoe. Big feet so cut off guards that no other hoes have. They were definitely ankle breakers. Now need a small weld on step. Painted were i cut.
Than welded up a pin and bent a handle that i can remove from seat to lock hoe from swing. Now to find a place to weld a bracket on to hold pin when using hoe. View attachment 134728 View attachment 134730 View attachment 134731 View attachment 134732
When do you find a need to "lock hoe from swinging"?
When I trailer, I set hoe on deck, and chain down.
When driving the tractor, my hoe does not swing, by itself.

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT
When do you find a need to "lock hoe from swinging"?
When I trailer, I set hoe on deck, and chain down.
When driving the tractor, my hoe does not swing, by itself.
It can swing when plowing. It can swing when running down the road. On the trailer by law it has to have securement so i do the same … put bucket on the deck and chain it.
I wouldn’t trust any hoe without both locks engaged in my shop next to my classic cars.or going down the road in traffic. Have seen them swing or drop and hit a vehicle or garage door.
Your choice. It has locks for a reason i didn’t invent them just made a new pin. All the newer machines i have operated have them and i use them at work.
Like emergency brakes. I dont use them but should 🤣. Besides i was bored 🍺👍👍👍
Should mention…… this tractor is 34 years .
They put one on yours so i guess some use it.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It can swing when plowing. It can swing when running down the road. On the trailer by law it has to have securement so i do the same … put bucket on the deck and chain it.
I wouldn’t trust any hoe without both locks engaged in my shop next to my classic cars.or going down the road in traffic. Have seen them swing or drop and hit a vehicle or garage door.
Your choice. It has locks for a reason i didn’t invent them just made a new pin. All the newer machines i have operated have them and i use them at work.
Like emergency brakes. I dont use them but should 🤣. Besides i was bored 🍺👍👍👍
Should mention…… this tractor is 34 years .
They put one on yours so i guess some use it.
I store my L48TLB in a building with my E-350 MB sitting alongside.
When I take the L48 out, I am never concerned about the BH hitting the MB.
I have owned a BH for the past 38 years.

Oleracer

Equipment
B2150
Jul 18, 2024
CT
I store my L48TLB in a building with my E-350 MB sitting alongside.
When I take the L48 out, I am never concerned about the BH hitting the MB.
I have owned a BH for the past 38 years.
If i hit the wifes new Mercedes there would be hell to pay 🤣. I drive a 54 chevy truck so it could handle a little hoe like my 750. 🤣