EM Light

goGaltTN

Equipment
Kubta l3301
Aug 10, 2024
Farms
I have a L3301, and I just flushed my radiator, and filled up the coolant reservoir, then after about 20 minutes of bush-hogging the EM light came on and the temperature really began to rise. I shut it down immediately. Anyone have an idea of what could be causing this?

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
When filling the radiator you may have gotten an air pocket trapped somewhere. That means you thought you filled the system with the correct amount of fluid but really didn’t get the correct amount of liquid in the system.

Now you may just need to add more fluid or you might have to drain the system and refill it differently.

They sell some kind of vacuum device that helps. Like this:

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Will it eventually work itself out or do I need to do something special to it?
That is always the million dollar question. I think you would be able to overcome the air pocket problem but it might take some time and effort of running the tractor and filling the radiator again. But if the pocket of air is trapped in the engine block it can cause overheating problems every time you use the tractor until it is finally gone.

You can look in the radiator cap opening and see if the radiator is low and add more fluid and see what happens but keep a close eye on the temperature gauge.

I have never had problems with this issue so don’t have any experience with overcoming it so no good advice.

Reactions: 1 user