No loader valve

afphinfan

Equipment
Kubota L4300
Aug 9, 2024
Lake Martin, AL
Just bought a used L4300, mainly for cutting in and maintaining firebreaks on small property I am having long leaf pines planted. While I didn’t need an FEL, I wouldn’t mind having TnT. Every search Ive done mentions adding a 3rd function to the loader valve but nothing ever talks about when there is no loader. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Just bought a used L4300, mainly for cutting in and maintaining firebreaks on small property I am having long leaf pines planted. While I didn’t need an FEL, I wouldn’t mind having TnT. Every search Ive done mentions adding a 3rd function to the loader valve but nothing ever talks about when there is no loader. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
I talk about it all the time. In fact that poor dead horse has been beaten so badly it is no longer recognizable.

You can add a commodity two spool valve to that tractor for $250-$300. Hoses and couplers for the rear outlets another $200.

If you want details just ask.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

afphinfan

Equipment
Kubota L4300
Aug 9, 2024
Lake Martin, AL
I talk about it all the time. In fact that poor dead horse has been beaten so badly it is no longer recognizable.

You can add a commodity two spool valve to that tractor for $250-$300. Hoses and couplers for the rear outlets another $200.

If you want details just ask.

Dan
Yes sir, Id be grateful for the details. Thank you

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Yes sir, Id be grateful for the details. Thank you
Your tractor has a front hydraulic outlet block that is used to supply the loader. Its use is documented in your operatos manual. Since you do not have a loader you can use it in the exact same fashion to supply a valve for your rear remotes.

First step is to buy a valve for your rear remotes. It must be open center with two outlets - one for power beyond and one for tank return. The valve can have as many spools as you want. Each spool controls one set of two rear remote outlets. For top and tilt you need two sets of outlets. Here is an inexpensive two spool valve that would work for top and tilt but there many others. This particular valve is $109 plus an addituonal $25 for the requisute power beyond conversion sleeve.

Next you need to locate a place to mount your vakve. The top of a fender or a bracket bolted to the ROPs are common locations.

Once the vslve is mounted you use three hoses to connect it to the frint hydrsulic block. Again your operators manual details that plumbing. One word of caution - the WSM says the ports on the block are British taper pipe thread so you need to purchase three adapters to convert them to whatevet US thread used on your hoses.

Once those three hoses are connected as described in the operators manual you turn the selector valve on the outlet block to the external valve position and your auxuliary valve is ready for use.

The last step of the process is running hoses and quick connects from the valve to the rear where you would hook up your top and tilt cylinders or sny other implement that needs a hydraulic supply.

Really EZ-PZ.and for two sets of outlets probably less than $500 total.

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

afphinfan

Equipment
Kubota L4300
Aug 9, 2024
Lake Martin, AL
Your tractor has a front hydraulic outlet block that is used to supply the loader. Its use is documented in your operatos manual. Since you do not have a loader you can use it in the exact same fashion to supply a valve for your rear remotes.

First step is to buy a valve for your rear remotes. It must be open center with two outlets - one for power beyond and one for tank return. The valve can have as many spools as you want. Each spool controls one set of two rear remote outlets. For top and tilt you need two sets of outlets. Here is an inexpensive two spool valve that would work for top and tilt but there many others. This particular valve is $109 plus an addituonal $25 for the requisute power beyond conversion sleeve.

Next you need to locate a place to mount your vakve. The top of a fender or a bracket bolted to the ROPs are common locations.

Once the vslve is mounted you use three hoses to connect it to the frint hydrsulic block. Again your operators manual details that plumbing. One word of caution - the WSM says the ports on the block are British taper pipe thread so you need to purchase three adapters to convert them to whatevet US thread used on your hoses.

Once those three hoses are connected as described in the operators manual you turn the selector valve on the outlet block to the external valve position and your auxuliary valve is ready for use.

The last step of the process is running hoses and quick connects from the valve to the rear where you would hook up your top and tilt cylinders or sny other implement that needs a hydraulic supply.

Really EZ-PZ.and for two sets of outlets probably less than $500 total.

Dan
I will look in the operators manual and look at the summit site. I truly appreciate the info!

Reactions: 1 user