Hydraulic Problems with a M7030.

bsekf

Premium Member

Equipment
m5400
Jul 27, 2013
Western NY
My aux hyd quits working when the oil gets hot after I use it a lot. After the tractor cools it works fine. The tractor is not overheating. My research shows it is probably the pump. Is there any simple fix? Can the pump be rebuilt? New ones aren't cheap and it looks like I have to remove the FEL frame to get it off? I was hoping heavier oil or some after market product might help.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My aux hyd quits working when the oil gets hot after I use it a lot. After the tractor cools it works fine. The tractor is not overheating. My research shows it is probably the pump. Is there any simple fix? Can the pump be rebuilt? New ones aren't cheap and it looks like I have to remove the FEL frame to get it off? I was hoping heavier oil or some after market product might help.
What is "auxiliary" hydraulics?

You have a loader and a 3pt.
Do you you also have rear remotes?
Which of those quits working?

Whatever you have you find the source of the problem with a pressure gauge and testing at various points in the circuit. Guessing and blindly throwing new parts at it will simply waste time and money.

There is no "hydraulic mechanic in a can" that will fix a loss in pressure.

Dan

bsekf

Premium Member

Equipment
m5400
Jul 27, 2013
Western NY
What is "auxiliary" hydraulics?

You have a loader and a 3pt.
Do you you also have rear remotes?
Which of those quits working?

Whatever you have you find the source of the problem with a pressure gauge and testing at various points in the circuit. Guessing and blindly throwing new parts at it will simply waste time and money.

There is no "hydraulic mechanic in a can" that will fix a loss in pressure.

Dan
Rear Remote, FEL works off the other rear remote and it becomes very slow. Can't tell if the 3 point works correctly or not since there is no load on it. I am lifting a very heavy off-set disk "Rolling Plow" with the other remote.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Rear Remote, FEL works off the other rear remote and it becomes very slow. Can't tell if the 3 point works correctly or not since there is no load on it. I am lifting a very heavy off-set disk "Rolling Plow" with the other remote.
Got it.

I would suggest you invest $20 in a 3000 PSI hydraulic gauge along with a short length of 1/4" hydraulic hose and whatever fittings needed to hook the gauge and hose to a male tip that fits your rear outlets. Then use that gauge to measure outlet pressure both hot and cold. Thats a baseline diagnostic that will direct where we look next.

Dan