PTO Shaft recommendation

haanzel

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2600DT, B5100 with K348-7 mower, G4200 riding mower
Jul 30, 2014
Texas
My shaft got bent, I tried straighten it but it won’t slide in all the way without binding. It takes a big hammer to unstick it and I am tired of doing that every time.

So I am in the market for a new PTO shaft. Need splines on both ends. I see Northern has Braber, but the specs say for 16HP max, i need more than that. Maybe it would work? Any recommendations on where to get a shaft ?

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My shaft got bent, I tried straighten it but it won’t slide in all the way without binding. It takes a big hammer to unstick it and I am tired of doing that every time.

So I am in the market for a new PTO shaft. Need splines on both ends. I see Northern has Braber, but the specs say for 16HP max, i need more than that. Maybe it would work? Any recommendations on where to get a shaft ?
If you provide more info on whatever implement the pto shaft came with one of us can point you to where to buy just the shaft. Usually at each end where the shaft enters a casting there is a roll pin to allow the shaft half to come free.
This illustration is of a typical shaft
Pto shaft exploded view.jpg

Dave

Reactions: 1 user