What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
...more ditching since it's been so dry here lately.

I should've put some drain tile in this summer since the excavation work has dried up as well. I don't know if people are on vacation or if their disposable funds are no longer, my phone hasn't been ringing for excavation work. I suppose that I will need to find another plumbing company to start filling in.

Anyway, did some ditching improvements before the rain hits this week. I didn't bother with the laser level today. I hope that wasn't a mistake. Time will tell.

Improved ditch drain:

View attachment 134230

Area 2:

View attachment 134231

View attachment 134232

View attachment 134233
You have lots of experience, but.......nothing tells the real story better than a laser level!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Mowed.

Noticed the temperature gauge was pushing “H”, but not quite there.

Screen was cleaned and radiator blew out a week ago.

Pulled the spade connector off the sending unit and cleaned stuff off a little.

Think I found the culprit…again…

Always start with the simple (and cheap) stuff.

IMG_7030.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

OntheRidge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB, Homestead 55" grapple, LP 1684 rear blade, WR Long 84" snowplow
Nov 1, 2020
Reactions: 4 users

trevoroni

Equipment
B6000
May 24, 2023
Canada
Used the B6000 to lift 1 big heavy rock to place over the grave of my brother's 14 year old farm dog and then a few loads of smaller rocks over her final resting place.
Miss you already Vicky, you were a great friend.

• Sad
Reactions: 13 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Got to use my new 40V Ryobi chain saw to cut up a large branch that fell down in the pasture. Worked great and for how often I use it I don't have to worry about bad gas or anything. Little BX made quick work of carting off the pieces. The new to me carryall on back held the logs easily. Now to build a platform for it out of some old deck boards I have.
20240804_133432.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

JimDeL

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2380; R4 tires; 54" MMM; FEL w Pirahna bar; Ballast Box; BXpanded skid plate.
Aug 31, 2022
Austintown, Ohio
Got to use my new 40V Ryobi chain saw to cut up a large branch that fell down in the pasture. Worked great and for how often I use it I don't have to worry about bad gas or anything. Little BX made quick work of carting off the pieces. The new to me carryall on back held the logs easily. Now to build a platform for it out of some old deck boards I have.
View attachment 134313
I really like - and get a lot of use with - my Stihl Battery powered chain saw.
where did you get the carry-all? What brand?

Reactions: 1 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
I really like - and get a lot of use with - my Stihl Battery powered chain saw.
where did you get the carry-all? What brand?
I bought the carryall off of a guy selling out his dads old equipment. Looks to be handmade, but pretty solid. Needs to be sanded and painted a more respectable color. I do like the Kubota grey.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Cleaned up a fallen dead/rotten pine with the grapple, chipped a pile of brush that’s been accumulating for a few months, and then burned a buncha crap I didn’t want to put i n the chipper.

Still have a recently dead pine behind my shop that needs to come down before it starts dropping stuff on the roof. Gonna have to rig it and pull it because it’s back leaning towards the shop. I knew I shoulda cut that bugger when I was clearing for the pad. Beetles got it and I noticed it was dying back in March.

Keith Hare

Equipment
2005 Kubota B-21 tractor backhoe
Aug 5, 2024
South Carolina
What I did to my 2005 B-21 today was install a new hour meter and in the process bumped the hot alternator wire which blew the main 50 amp fuse, so now my hazard lights are flashing with the switch off, have battery disconnected, whew tomorrow hopefully will go better.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
My first experience with a Kubota tractor was a rental B21. They are great machines. I have been looking for a clean one for quite a while, and every one that I find has a million hours on it and very well used and abused. Eventually I hope that I will find one before I am too old to use it.

KubotaHawg

Equipment
L2800DT, LA463, Landpride ΒΒ1260, RCR1260
Jan 9, 2022
NW Arkansas
Gave er a bath, inside and out, after I mowed our easement. It is very dry and dusty in NWA right now and I thought good time to check the air filter. Engine was covered in grime and dust so degreased engine compartment and rear end. Thought may as well go ahead and wash all the tree sap off the paint as well, it’s 98 but I’m in the shade and there’s a breeze. She stays outside in the summer and in the shop in the winter, the summer canopy won’t fit.

She complained a little at first just like our dogs getting a bath, but then got a treat of fresh grease all around and like our old pups didn’t mind too much.

Engine looks pretty good after that for 19 years old and I don’t have to worry about all that crap being a fire hazard anymore (for now at least).

IMG_4024.jpeg IMG_4026.jpeg IMG_4025.jpeg IMG_4027.jpeg
Edit: my dad always says, “take care of your stuff and it will take care of you.”

I treat it a lot like our three rescue dogs—don’t know how they were treated before we had them (the tractor not so well), but they absolutely blossom with love and attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I cut the grass yesterday, today it rained, and it is expected to rain till next Monday. By then it will be time to cut the grass again. It takes about 5 hours to cut everything, and when I finished up yesterday the fuel gauge light was illuminated, so I will have to go into town to get fuel this weekend.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I cut the grass yesterday, today it rained, and it is expected to rain till next Monday. By then it will be time to cut the grass again. It takes about 5 hours to cut everything, and when I finished up yesterday the fuel gauge light was illuminated, so I will have to go into town to get fuel this weekend.
Would a ZTR work for you?
They are MUCH more maneuverable, less tiring to use, and much faster!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I know our southerly neighbors got a dose of Debby in the past few days. Not a major storm by any means, but these slow moving rain dumpers often cause quite a lot of flood damage to homes, farms, businesses, and infrastructure so I hope all who got it before us came through with little to no impact.

Here in central NC, as late as a couple days ago, we were projected to get 10” to 12” of rain. I think they’ve cut that some now. Even if just a two day rain event without much wind (about the best we could hope for) it seemed to be appropriate to do a whatever maintenance and touch up was needed on the drainage around the houses. We live on a ridge that slopes down for a few hundred yards to the end where it drops off precipitously so the goal is to split up that water that comes off the road and out of the yards away from the houses to get it into the pond or creek without erosion. There were a few areas needing touching up which went pretty quickly with the boxblade.
IMG_2918.jpeg

This area catches water coming from three directions and shoots it all down to the emergency spillway on the pond. With some of our recent 3” in an hour thunderstorms, water was shooting across to the right side of the road, then running back across at an angle toward the ditch on the left side, cutting an angular ditch across the road.

Cut down the edge on the right side a bit and added a turnout where it was making its 90 degree turn back across the road.
IMG_2920.jpeg

This was the first time I’d done anything with the boxblade since adjusting its hitch to allow the hydraulic toplink to push it past level to back drag and more aggressively cut with the rear blade. I’d about forgotten how sweet it is to back drag with the boxblade instead of the bucket.
IMG_2921.jpeg

This tree up by the road keeps encompassing the overhead power line where it hits the pole to run down and then underground to our houses. It’s nowhere near our house and I’d just as soon remove it entirely but wife likes it so it stays. Been needing to get it off the line for a while now. Power company didn’t seem interested in doing anything about it and with a storm coming in, seemed like a good time to do some pruning. Used a manual pole saw on a 18’ fiberglass pole.
IMG_2922.jpeg
Grapple made quick work of removing the limbs to the brush pile. It’s back in its bay inside now with the grapple n the front and generator on the back.
IMG_2917.jpeg

Then noticed there were still a few peaches on the peach tree . There were two peach trees kind of under a bunch of hardwoods here when my parents moved here 35 years ago. Dad had a small orchard but these weren’t part of that. One is dead now and the other about half dead. Wife and I have been here 28 years. In that time, every year, squirrels or deer or neighbor kids or something gets the handful of peaches just before they’re to the point they could finish ripening off the tree. Yesterday we picked the entire crop. Six. 35 years and we got a grand all time total of 6. Considering I didn’t plant this tree, tend this tree, fertilize this tree, or do anything else to make these peaches appear, I was pretty pleased. They were quite good.
IMG_2924.jpeg

So now we’re stuck inside watching it rain buckets and catching up on the Olympics we DVR’d. Was just thinking this is pretty boring, but boring is good today. Anything exciting would likely be bad. Glad we have the generator. Wouldn’t hurt my feelings at all to roll it right back into storage.
IMG_2928.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
So every year I check torque on BH subframe before installing the BH92. This year (I’m really late) I stripped a bolt just like last year, like WTF 😬. The Mrs says did you check the manual? Yes, please get me a beer (note to self - dumb request!). I pull up the WSM and the torque says 275lbs. like I’ve been doing (actually 250 cause that’s as high as my wrench will go). BINGO! I notice that the bolts I’m stripping are not in the same location as the 275lbs one, so I read a few more pages and discover I’m on the connecting plate and factory is 145-166ft lbs. I slink into the house to get my own beer and order more replacements.
  1. Don’t assume that “subframe” torque is the same for every bolt.
  2. Keep mouth shut and get your own beer!🍻
    IMG_0781.jpeg
    IMG_0779.jpeg
    IMG_0780.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users