Dearborn plow information

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
I recently picked up a Dearborn 10-80 plow that I’d like know what year it was made.
Anyone has any info/history on these?

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
That’s the same brochure I found. Not to much info about these on line. Story behind it was a family member bought a farm 40+ years ago and they recently found several implements in the woods long forgotten about. This plow was one of them.
Plan to try it out some before taking it apart to repack bearings. Everything turns smooth and quiet

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
That’s the same brochure I found. Not to much info about these on line. Story behind it was a family member bought a farm 40+ years ago and they recently found several implements in the woods long forgotten about. This plow was one of them.
Plan to try it out some before taking it apart to repack bearings. Everything turns smooth and quiet
Dearborn implement documentation is kind of terse. That manual is typical of what you will find.

The corporate history of Dearborn Implements is pretty well documented.

The Ford/N Series forum on Yesterdays Tractors or the Ntractor Club forum is the best place to ask specific questions about that plow or Dearborn implements in general. Many of the participants there have day one experience with them.

I have a ckassic setup here - 1950 Ford 8N with 2 bottom economy plow and 6' Type E disc harrow. Everything pretty original and complete.

Dan

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
One word of caution. That plow is 70 years old and almost surely pretty rusted up. Its easy to break parts that are no longet available trying to take it apart Remember the old adage:

"If it aint broke don't fix it until it is".

Dan

Last edited: