Where is the hydraulic filter?

mleo

Equipment
245dt
Aug 4, 2024
California
Hi,
I have a 245dt. The loader and 3 point lift hydraulics have been acting up. Weak, slow and occasionally non operating. I read the filter might need changing. Its and good place to start since it hasn't been changed as long as I have used it. I am not sure where it is. I took a couple photos of where I think it might be be. Are either right? There is a bonus question: What does the knob do?

Attachments

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hi,
I have a 245dt. The loader and 3 point lift hydraulics have been acting up. Weak, slow and occasionally non operating. I read the filter might need changing. Its and good place to start since it hasn't been changed as long as I have used it. I am not sure where it is. I took a couple photos of where I think it might be be. Are either right? There is a bonus question: What does the knob do?
Have you considered purchasing a workshop manual?

mleo

Equipment
245dt
Aug 4, 2024
California
Thanks for the help.I located it. It's a little dome with 2 bolts holding it in place.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
This should be on the clutch side of tractor, low on the transmission and near the rear axle. It should look like a bump with two bolts holding it down.

There will be an o ring and a spring under the cover.

You may need to get the cover removed and grab the end of the filter with needle nose pliers to pull it out.

I just bought a new filter the first time I changed mine in my L185, since you have no idea what it’s condition will be.

Good Luck, and do drain the fluid first!