And yet another DIY canopy idea...

Ol Boonie

Equipment
Kubota L3400HST, Kubota ZD323, Kawasaki Mule 610
Aug 4, 2024
NW Arkansas
Retired, too cheap to spring for prefab top, and always tinkering.

Got to looking at an IBC tote that I made a lift basket for the FEL and had a thought. Some scrap items, a $25 IBC tote with steel pallet, and few hours later here it is...more tinkering to come.

Attachments

Ol Boonie

Equipment
Aug 4, 2024
NW Arkansas
Flip it and go overlanding😁
Ha!

I did think about leaving the base to the IBC cage on it. Would be cargo rack on top, brush cage underneath!

In the end, I didn't want too much over the pan to catch limbs. If I decide to remove it for more mods, I'll flip the pan so the drain recess is facing downwards.

My wife, always skeptical of my ideas, actually kinda likes the Mad Max look it has going on. Maybe I need to add some chains and skulls...

Ol Boonie

Equipment
Aug 4, 2024
NW Arkansas
Wow, we are at $100 around here. Looks like it could fry some eggs out in the sun. I like it
Found a guy who worked on a big farm operation that had some on FB Marketplace. The top of the bladders were cut open to store feed but the cages were good. Good, complete IBCs are going between $60-80 around here.

It was hot on my initial outing with it and it wasn't bad. The shiny surface reflects a lot of heat I'm guessing. The cage is 40"x48" and for my ROPS I had to use the 48" to span the width. That means I only have 40" front to back to block the sun...later in the afternoon, it seemed like only my head and neck were shaded at times.