Lifting zero turn mower to remove blades?

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Don’t worry, I haven’t forgotten my roots.
View attachment 133940
Time to top up your life insurance policy and update your Power of Attorney for Healthcare and your Will...

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I installed a 23' long 4by8 I-beam across the garage,under the ceiling, sits on jack posts.
started with 2 chain hoists, now have an electric one as well. Push of a button is MUCH easier than a zillion pulls of the chains !!!
beam is near center of garage and works great to split tractors.

Reactions: 1 user

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Since I already have an Engine Hoist (useful for tasks other than removing engines) I just hook it to the front of mower (eye bolt) and jack it up.

At roughly a 45° angle I can easily get to the blades or clean underneath the deck.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
I have used a hi-lift jack on my Exmark for years without a problem. I decided that I might be pushing my luck so I purchased a Kubota accessory that is no longer available. I had one at the farm and figured my life was worth the price of another one. I scrape my decks every time I mow. I have gone to the green side for a zero turn and it works for that as well. I have used the jack on my zero turns, the Kubota BX and the John Deere x590 and x739. I was happy to find my local dealer had one left last spring. I am leery of the screw type jacks as my brother had one that the nut wore out. Just my take on this. Do not go the Hi-lift method as I think I am somewhat lucky that nothing bad happened doing that.

John Deere offers the tongue type jack as an option on their zero turns. It would be something to look at. I figure you could source the jack for less money at an ag supply store.

]
77700-03669 Kubota Standard Duty Multi-Purpose Mower Lift

Kubota Standard Duty Multi-Purpose Mower Lift
Item #77700-03669
Quickly and safely raise mower to comfortable working height. Easy access to under deck for cleaning, lubricating, sharpen/remove blades. Complete protability and flexibility ideal for the shop or on the job site. Equipped with 4 point positive engagement lock system. Accommodates most brands, makes and models.
  • Lift Capacity: Wheel Stirrups: 350 lbs
  • Width: Minimum Inside Wheel Width in Stirrups: 19.25 Inches
  • Width: Maximum Outside Wheel Width in Stirrups: 51.5
  • Inches

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
2 post at home
2 post at work, just bigger.

the home lift is a maxjaxx that's set up to work with a 10 foot ceiling (i.e., garage). Works fine for SxS, UTV, ATV, mowers, etc--but not quite enough lift for doing a lot of car work. I will change oil on the Mustang with it but that's about it. It don't pick up but about 48".

I used a fork lift for years at the old store, all we had to lift things up with. That or one of those motorcycle lift table things which was a pain in the butt, and half the time the cylinder was too weak to pick up anything heavier than about 500lb. Most of the mowers were done on the concrete floor, jack and jack stands. Is it any wonder my knees and back hurt constantly? Later on they bought a second fork lift and we used that if it wasn't busy. Right before they shut down (or sold out), a former salesperson came in and he had a bunch (16 I think) of those old style fork-over-leg, 12 volt battery powered (takes a standard 27 or 31 series "car" battery) pallet stackers. Boss bought 3, $200/each. Those things were as handy as a pocket on a shirt!! I wish I'd have bought one for the house.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I have used a hi-lift jack on my Exmark for years without a problem. I decided that I might be pushing my luck so I purchased a Kubota accessory that is no longer available. I had one at the farm and figured my life was worth the price of another one. I scrape my decks every time I mow. I have gone to the green side for a zero turn and it works for that as well. I have used the jack on my zero turns, the Kubota BX and the John Deere x590 and x739. I was happy to find my local dealer had one left last spring. I am leery of the screw type jacks as my brother had one that the nut wore out. Just my take on this. Do not go the Hi-lift method as I think I am somewhat lucky that nothing bad happened doing that.

John Deere offers the tongue type jack as an option on their zero turns. It would be something to look at. I figure you could source the jack for less money at an ag supply store.

]
77700-03669 Kubota Standard Duty Multi-Purpose Mower Lift

Kubota Standard Duty Multi-Purpose Mower Lift
Item #77700-03669
Quickly and safely raise mower to comfortable working height. Easy access to under deck for cleaning, lubricating, sharpen/remove blades. Complete protability and flexibility ideal for the shop or on the job site. Equipped with 4 point positive engagement lock system. Accommodates most brands, makes and models.
  • Lift Capacity: Wheel Stirrups: 350 lbs
  • Width: Minimum Inside Wheel Width in Stirrups: 19.25 Inches
  • Width: Maximum Outside Wheel Width in Stirrups: 51.5
  • Inches
That Kubota jack looks like the same mower jack sold by HF.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Thanks for all of these ideas. After reading them all, I think I have an idea I’m going to try: lock the rear wheels with the steering bars, then put an axle strap on the front axle. Lift the front axle with a chain hoist attached to the axle strap and a steel truss on my barn. Then block the front axle with jack stands. Good plan or not?

Reactions: 1 user