Shipping Kubota L4701 overseas while stacking multiple implements

Mokuleia_ Ag

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Jul 31, 2024
Hawaii
Does anyone have thoughts on the best way to arrange multiple implements on a Kubota L4701 that will be shipped overseas through Matson? I will be shipping it from California to our farm in Hawaii in September 24' and it already has a LA1065 and 74" Boxscraper. Because implements are scarce and expensive in Hawaii, my plan is to purchase a 74" tiller and 48" pallet forks and somehow secure them so they can all still be considered roll on/off with the tractor. I'm thinking I will remove the front bucket and switch with the pallet forks, then place the tiller and the bucket on the pallet forks and strap them down securely. Has anyone tried this or have suggestions? I told the plan to Matson and they say I'll need to snap a photo and get approval before they allow me to ship. Thank you.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I am most certainly not sure how your shipping company wants to receive / strap down. (Do they want everything strapped to the tractor?). If your proposed method not ok, I’d recommend call and ask if they would allow that you metal band the tiller and bucket to a pallet. That would still be roll on / off I would think and tractor could pick them up and move with the forks pretty easily I would think. Good luck. ☕

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
I would do like rc51 mentioned, palettize the tiller or box blade with the bucket then put the pallet on the forks and "strap" the pallet to the forks so it's all "one." Then whichever 3pt implement you didn't put on the pallet, hook up to the 3pt. You could probably make or acquire a sturdy pallet/shipping crate to box everything up in.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
curious... is the some reason tiller can't be attached to the 3PH ?
if it can, then swap bucket for forks, strap bucket onto forks.
Providing they lower both loader AND tiller and rig properly that seems to be the best arrangement. Once they know the weight and length, they'll put in the correct spot on the deck.
The shipping company (Matson ?? ) should know if this is 'how-to-do-it-RIGHT'
I assume 'RORO' means 'they' will be driving tractor on and off the ship ?

Mokuleia_ Ag

Equipment
Kubota L4701
Jul 31, 2024
Hawaii
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll ask if I can metal band the tiller and bucket to a pallet and then load this onto the forks. And customize this pallet / shipping crate so its solid. I'll keep the box scraper on the 3pt. This way the unit and all implements can be driven on/off the ship. Wow, stoked to finally jump into the forum. It's been such a great resource for the purchase of my tractor. Thanks Again Everyone!

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll ask if I can metal band the tiller and bucket to a pallet and then load this onto the forks. And customize this pallet / shipping crate so its solid. I'll keep the box scraper on the 3pt. This way the unit and all implements can be driven on/off the ship. Wow, stoked to finally jump into the forum. It's been such a great resource for the purchase of my tractor. Thanks Again Everyone!
That should work!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
hmm, for some reason I thought eh box scraper was already on the 'island'.....

hmm another Tetris option...

place bucket on boxblade obviously very well secured??

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've shipped four vehicles into Hawaii and three vehicles out of Hawaii. All I can say is good luck with Matson or Horizon when it comes to shipping stuff. They generally have very strict rules, particularly for vehicles that go in shipping containers. For example, you're not allowed to load your car or truck up with stuff and ship it that way. The vehicle has to be empty with no more than a 1/4 tank of fuel, and it has to be functional.

When I left Hawaii in 2011 I rented a PODS shipping container and filled it with personal items, mostly tools, firearms and reloading components.

A good friend, the one who shipped me the M-1078 has shipped all manner of equipment to Hawaii. Last year we looked into my picking up a trailer for him, loading it up with stuff and towing it to the docks in LA. There were some complications so the plan never materialized.