Lost power with intermittent blue smoke..

Matchstick

Equipment
Kubota L3400
Jan 17, 2022
North Idaho
So this happened before and went away for a month but now I want to figure out why since I barely made it back to the shop. I figured a clogged fuel filter or air filter but with both removed it doesn't go away. L3430. I bled the fuel system to no avail. Smoke means choke to me but with a diesel maybe its dumping/leaking excess fuel. The manuals seem to be just "operation" and not repair. Maybe test the injector pump output? Do you need an engine manual for these? Thanks ahead. Need it fixed before snow...............

Wayne gv

Equipment
Mx5200hsd
Jul 31, 2024
Grass Valley Ca
So this happened before and went away for a month but now I want to figure out why since I barely made it back to the shop. I figured a clogged fuel filter or air filter but with both removed it doesn't go away. L3430. I bled the fuel system to no avail. Smoke means choke to me but with a diesel maybe its dumping/leaking excess fuel. The manuals seem to be just "operation" and not repair. Maybe test the injector pump output? Do you need an engine manual for these? Thanks ahead. Need it fixed before snow...............
Change out all the fuel. Most likely bad fuel.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Could be quite a few different issues causing it.
Bad fuel
Algae in the fuel
Vent issue with the fuel tank
Water in the fuel
It could have a breather issue too