BX23S with 54" mower deck

GreenBarnAcres

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 30, 2024
E3B 2X6
Good day,

I am considering financing a new BX23S with a 54" mower deck in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. What would a fair cost be?

Also, looking for advice on a trailer. Not planning to use the tractor commercially, the only time I would haul it for about 15 km/10 miles one way is when it would need to get it serviced. I would haul just the tractor and leave the mower deck, the loader and the backhoe at home. Would a single axle DK2 4.5 ft x 7.5 ft hauling trailer, with a rated payload capacity of 1,639lbs do? I am limited to 2,500 lbs in terms of what I can haul.

Thank you!

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Get a larger trailer. What happens if you need to bring the tractor with loader to get fixed? You will eventually want to transport with the loader. Once your friends see what you have, no doubt they will ask for help moving stuff. Get a larger trailer.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Good day,

I am considering financing a new BX23S with a 54" mower deck in Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. What would a fair cost be?

Also, looking for advice on a trailer. Not planning to use the tractor commercially, the only time I would haul it for about 15 km/10 miles one way is when it would need to get it serviced. I would haul just the tractor and leave the mower deck, the loader and the backhoe at home. Would a single axle DK2 4.5 ft x 7.5 ft hauling trailer, with a rated payload capacity of 1,639lbs do? I am limited to 2,500 lbs in terms of what I can haul.

Thank you!
Bare weight of the machine is a bit over 1,500lbs. Yes, the trailer will take it. It's a bit short though - I think the tractor is 9 foot long (not sure if that's with or without loader). Not ideal, but it's legal and can be done.

Yes, over time you'll probably want a bigger trailer. But you can buy it when you need it, you don't have to buy it day one.

GreenBarnAcres

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 30, 2024
E3B 2X6
Get a larger trailer. What happens if you need to bring the tractor with loader to get fixed? You will eventually want to transport with the loader. Once your friends see what you have, no doubt they will ask for help moving stuff. Get a larger trailer.
Thank you! Larger is better, however I am limited to 2,500 lbs in terms of what I can haul. The friends can get their own equipment.

Reactions: 1 user

GreenBarnAcres

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 30, 2024
E3B 2X6
Bare weight of the machine is a bit over 1,500lbs. Yes, the trailer will take it. It's a bit short though - I think the tractor is 9 foot long (not sure if that's with or without loader). Not ideal, but it's legal and can be done.

Yes, over time you'll probably want a bigger trailer. But you can buy it when you need it, you don't have to buy it day one.
Thank you! The DK2 trailer sides can be removed (to increase the payload) and when the front and back load-bearing gates are down, the trailer bed extends to nearly 11.5 ft.

Sidekick

Equipment
Kioti CK2620SE cab, RTV-X, BX3260, Z726XKW-3-60, Deere 4100
Jul 29, 2023
N.Y,
One thing to think about is the weight of proper tie down hooks, straps, accessories, and a spare tire with mount will add up quickly when you are that close to the load limit. I would stay a minimum of 10% below the trailer load rating and be sure to have room to shift the machine on the trailer for proper tongue weight. Definitely look at the tire speed rating and quality if you're that close to the limits because that varies greatly these days on low cost trailers.

GreenBarnAcres

Equipment
BX23S
Jul 30, 2024
E3B 2X6
One thing to think about is the weight of proper tie down hooks, straps, accessories, and a spare tire with mount will add up quickly when you are that close to the load limit. I would stay a minimum of 10% below the trailer load rating and be sure to have room to shift the machine on the trailer for proper tongue weight. Definitely look at the tire speed rating and quality if you're that close to the limits because that varies greatly these days on low cost trailers.
Thank you, all very good points!