Problem with GR2100 KRA

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I would need to see the wiring diagram as some units are very complicated aka 'computer' .
I did find a GR2100EC WSM but NO 'KRA' switch, so must be another model.
This one has a grass catcher that appears could shut off the engine, which is really silly if true....

Last edited:

TECH101

Equipment
Kubota - Bobcat - Caterpillar - Case - John Deere - FARM - CONSTRUCTION -
Mar 8, 2022
Canada
Engine quits when I back up with PTO engaged. Holding the KRA button doesn't help. The switch checks out good. Any ideas?
Check your safety switches

- Seat switch
- Neutral switch

Two most common if equipped with opc sometimes wires on plug corrode and damaged

Naf

May 4, 2013
Tehachapi, CA
I would need to see the wiring diagram as some units are very complicated aka 'computer' .
I did find a GR2100EC WSM but NO 'KRA' switch, so must be another model.
This one has a grass catcher that appears could shut off the engine, which is really silly if true....
Yeah, sorry. it's actually a GR2120. Not sure there's much difference. Manual has KRA as "Kubota Reverse Awareness" system. Been trying to fathom the electrical schematic, but it's too complex. Plus, there's no tie from the schematic to the locations of the various switches/parts. The dash push button override is the only one I've found that could be the problem thus far and it checks out.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Just curious, are you supposed to hold the KRA button on the GR2120 to back up with the blades engaged?

The KRA for my T2290: after engaging the blades/PTO, you push the button and release. Then you can back up with the blades/PTO engaged for the rest of your mowing session until: 1) you push the KRA button again (momentarily pushing the KRA button toggles KRA off/on) or; 2) you disengage the blades/PTO.

If I had to push and hold the KRA button every time I backed up with blades engaged, I wouldn’t have bought the T2290. I’m well aware the GR2120 may be entirely different, but if you have to push and hold every time you back up with blades/PTO engaged that would be monstrously annoying unless you have virtually no obstacles to mow around.

Edit: Got curious and looked up a GR2120 owner manual. Explanation of how to use KRA is below. Works same as my T2290. If you’re pressing and holding the KRA switch to back up, quite likely it isn’t working because you’re using it wrong. YMMV…

Edit (again): If it used to work and now it doesn’t, maybe check out the fuse referenced in bullet point 4 on the third page below. Something about you can disable the KRA over ride so it’s ALWAYS on (impossible to back up with PTO engaged) if you pull some fuse under the fender. Maybe that fuse blew?
IMG_2880.png
IMG_2881.png
IMG_2882.png

Last edited: