What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's a sketch to try to show what I was thinking. The angle just holds the mud flaps in place with a couple of bolts as needed for each rubber flap. The angle iron can be attached to the mower with a clip angle at each end. The mount for the flaps is then up out of the way and the flaps can be as long and as heavy as you choose.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Here's a sketch to try to show what I was thinking. The angle just holds the mud flaps in place with a couple of bolts as needed for each rubber flap. The angle iron can be attached to the mower with a clip angle at each end. The mount for the flaps is then up out of the way and the flaps can be as long and as heavy as you choose.
Thanks so much for taking the time to create a sketch. Now I understand what you mean. I made something similar for my truck so that I don't beat up trailers, and more importantly my boat, when towing. Rock Tamers is one brand but they're $500 or so. I made up my own custom equivalent to fit the bumper and it cost me less than $50. Mine also do double duty as a step to get in/out of the bed.

I can see why Del Morino designed the guard the way they did. They're balancing cost with reasonable use and it's not their fault that an operator can drive over a log that's laying in the grass. The flaps have to swing in both directions through 180° or so and it would take a double hinged flap to achieve that with the bar sitting above the exit chute. But I'm up for a challenge and a double hinged flap is not hard to make. The rubber guard idea is ok but I'd rather keep the current design concept with metal flaps but upgrade it to be more robust.

1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
The first area that I cut was a bit of a disaster in terms of layout and it was very hard to be efficient. The second pasture area was much easier and took less than hour.

So here's the damage to the guard support rail. The Del Morino has been and continues to be an amazing implement, but that guard arrangement could be better. If you go over something large and solid, like a 16" firewood log for example, the hammers aren't able to chew it up quick enough and they'll eject a large piece out the front which hits the guard support.

I plan on making a new rod and brackets such that the support is above the exit chute. I'll make up my own heavier flaps too. The cutting head rotates so I might make the rail as two pieces either side of the pivot. We'll see.

View attachment 133346

View attachment 133347
The first area that I cut was a bit of a disaster in terms of layout and it was very hard to be efficient. The second pasture area was much easier and took less than hour.

So here's the damage to the guard support rail. The Del Morino has been and continues to be an amazing implement, but that guard arrangement could be better. If you go over something large and solid, like a 16" firewood log for example, the hammers aren't able to chew it up quick enough and they'll eject a large piece out the front which hits the guard support.

I plan on making a new rod and brackets such that the support is above the exit chute. I'll make up my own heavier flaps too. The cutting head rotates so I might make the rail as two pieces either side of the pivot. We'll see.

View attachment 133346

View attachment 133347
Did I read that correctly? 16” (diameter) log? Are we talking a section not yet split or a log? Or a 16” long split section? Or what? I think I must have missed something there. I can’t imagine what that sounds like, but I suspect it that would dampen the HST whine. 😉. Anyway I am curious what a flail will mow over.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Did I read that correctly? 16” (diameter) log? Are we talking a section not yet split or a log? Or a 16” long split section? Or what? I think I must have missed something there. I can’t imagine what that sounds like, but I suspect it that would dampen the HST whine. 😉. Anyway I am curious what a flail will mow over.
I read it as a 16” long firewood split. What you would toss in the stove size.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
When the grass and weeds are 3ft to 5ft tall it's hard to see a lot of things. @Matt Ellerbee is right, although I did encounter some 10" rounds, lots of rotted tree stumps, limbs, even a roll of sheep fence that thankfully didn't get wrapped up in the flail.

I laughed when the home owner told me that he and his daughter would grimace when they'd hear me running over stuff. 😂 For the most part is was stuff that the flail could chew up, but that's the problem with an area that hasn't been maintained for quite a few years. I was surprised that the owner didn't have anything more than a push mower for such a big property. He does have a skid steer and I mentioned that he could buy a rotary cutter and take care of most of the areas himself.

The only thing the flail struggled with is large pieces of wood that are still hard, hence the damage to the front guard.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Even with a Lock n Lube , Milwaukee grease gun , lubing the tractor is still not one of my favorite activities , loL 🤣. I think I was duped into thinking that a Lock n Lube and a cordless grease gun was going to make greasing a joy! LOL, JK

It was still good day enjoying the place. Tomorrow swapping the box blade and bucket for the brush cutter and grapple.

IMG_0189.JPG

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_0194.JPG

Reactions: 8 users

141C5

Equipment
Kubota L210
Jul 23, 2024
Hazle Township PA
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

I installed a horn I took from a tiny Toyota and then installed a decompression cable on mine today. Was going to do a little grading on the drive but got tired :(
Gurn
Sat here staring at mine trying to figure out why I can't get the starter and the ring gear to meet up right so I can start it! FML

• Sad

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Can you lower the bucket and wind up scooping the stuff instead of running it over? I have a flail mower ordered and would like to not run over stuffs.
I've done that in the past, but with very long grass you can lay it over so much that it's hard to cut. I did use the bucket to move a couple of larger, rotted stumps that were in the way.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I installed a proper door handle on the MX right side door a few weeks ago (thanks @edritchey for making it easy) and figured I might as well install a grab handle on that side too since I might need to get/in out of the tractor from the right side. The handle and two bolts were under $50 from the local dealer. I ordered them a week ago and picked them up this afternoon.

It only took a couple of minutes to complete the installation. Here's the before and after.

handle_1.jpg

handle_2.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Picked up a small stump bucket from Farmer Equipment in Ontario, Canada. Looks like a well built piece.

• FARMER EQUIPMENT EXCLUSIVE
  • rip through roots and remove stumps with serrated edges
  • dig out boulders
  • dig trenches
  • transplant trees and shrubs
  • Fits all Compact Tractors equipped with Skid Steer style Universal Quick Attach (SSQA)
  • Recommended for tractors up to 40 hp
  • Fabricated from 5/16" steel plate
  • 5/8" hardened front cutting edge
  • 3 teeth made from AR400 steel
  • Weighs 160 lbs
  • powder coat paint
  • MADE IN CANADA
20240725_130520.jpg

20240725_130525.jpg

20240725_130536.jpg

20240725_130539.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Picked up a small stump bucket from Farmer Equipment in Ontario, Canada. Looks like a well built piece.

• FARMER EQUIPMENT EXCLUSIVE
  • rip through roots and remove stumps with serrated edges
  • dig out boulders
  • dig trenches
  • transplant trees and shrubs
  • Fits all Compact Tractors equipped with Skid Steer style Universal Quick Attach (SSQA)
  • Recommended for tractors up to 40 hp
  • Fabricated from 5/16" steel plate
  • 5/8" hardened front cutting edge
  • 3 teeth made from AR400 steel
  • Weighs 160 lbs
  • powder coat paint
  • MADE IN CANADA
View attachment 133500
View attachment 133501
View attachment 133502
View attachment 133503
Nice looking implement and it does appear to be well made, but a lot of stuff made in Canada is. I thought you were planting trees rather than digging them up. 😂

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Mowing……still.
Such a great set up. Interesting how the outside tires look like the aircraft type and the inner four are laminated. I really enjoy pulling the folding cutter around and would sure love to have that tractor.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Nice looking implement and it does appear to be well made, but a lot of stuff made in Canada is. I thought you were planting trees rather than digging them up. 😂
Both😉 I have around 40-45 trees around 5' tall that were on the former side of our property prior to purchasing the adjoining lot that we want to move. (Right behind the tractor in the pic below) I'm going to put them across the back property line since I opened it up last spring when I cut the deadwood out and need to go back for round 2. They should give us a decent view block. Once the spruce are moved we'll plant some larger hardwoods or fruit trees.

There are also some stumps to dig out on the property line and one on the edge of the new driveway so I'm looking forward to trying out a new implement.

20240724_185357.jpg

Gus1957

Premium Member

Equipment
M6800, L2501 TLB, BX2370
Dec 17, 2023
Cobleskill NY
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

I installed a horn I took from a tiny Toyota and then installed a decompression cable on mine today. Was going to do a little grading on the drive but got tired :(
Gurn

Plowing with my M6800 and 3 bottom IH plow.

Attachments