Ignorance is bliss.

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
So there I am just minding my own business trying to get my tire fixed.

I needed to get the forward starboard tire on the General Lee "fixed" the other day, so off to the dealer it is.

Guy behind the counter says it will be a 'little while".

So I say " I'll just look around".........Man I really should have not done that......F%^%

I walked around and scoped out a few "UTV's and Zero Turns", ....no biggie..........Then it was like like God was shining a light down on it.............It appeared off in the distance...............a M62 with a 14 foot backhoe..........

Well I made a "bee line" for that thing and all I can say is Holy S%^t that thing was so cool.

It fit me perfect, and that 14 foot BH was "The Bomb"

I must say, there was some "wood involved".........;)

I think I need to attend a "12 step program" to try and forget it.

Damn it...............

Although I am not sure it would fit in my pole barn?

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I needed to get the forward starboard tire on the General Lee "fixed" the other day, so off to the dealer it is.

So I say " I'll just look around".........Man I really should have not done that......F%^%

I walked around and scoped out a few "UTV's and Zero Turns", ....no biggie..........Then it was like like God was shining a light down on it.............It appeared off in the distance...............a M62 with a 14 foot backhoe..........

Well I made a "bee line" for that thing and all I can say is Holy S%^t that thing was so cool.

Damn it...............

As you may recall, I scoped out, and (private) purchased a 295 hour 2021 M62 TLB for a friend, last fall.
It was MUCH fun buying that machine,....... and with HIS cash!
$63,500, and I considered that to be a good deal.
Had it trucked to him on the Chesapeake Bay, and he is absolutely in love with it.
He bought a 40' hi-cube container, for temporary storage. (102" headroom)

If I were not 83 years old, it would have been mine!
Still lovin my L48TLB though, and happy to have her.
No anti pollution crap on the L48.

Reactions: 1 user

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
Its like a old trucker friend of mind used to say. Its nothing some money won't fix. He used to really like those nice new Peterbilt trucks. I go to a dealer to pickup parts I don't do any wondering around. Too easy to spend some money.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Damn it...............

It WILL fit in the Pole Barn.

I’ve never been within 700 miles of your pole barn, but YOU CAN make it work!!! 🧐

Does that help??!?! 😎

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

Damn it...............

When do you take delivery?😉

Or should we start a pool on the delivery date?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
We might have to start a Go Fund Me page to pay for his funeral if his wife finds out he bought it. She will get away with murder claiming it was justified homicide to a jury of 12 women. Just walk away, because as nice as it is, you don't need another toy in the toy box.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
In my case I create an imaginary/questionable "need" in order to "justify" the purchase. If anyone is interested in a Ford f450 crane truck with a lift gate, fork lift truck and/or a 400 amp diesel powered Lincoln brand welder let me know . Located in Western Pennsylvania.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
In my case I create an imaginary/questionable "need" in order to "justify" the purchase. If anyone is interested in a Ford f450 crane truck with a lift gate, fork lift truck and/or a 400 amp diesel powered Lincoln brand welder let me know . Located in Western Pennsylvania.
I will trade you an older aging wife in good health for the 400 amp diesel powered welder. You must deliver and pick up. I will supply a roll of duct tape and ear plugs for your ride home.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, L3902 HST, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872
Oct 14, 2023
bc
It WILL fit in the Pole Barn.

I’ve never been within 700 miles of your pole barn, but YOU CAN make it work!!! 🧐

Does that help??!?! 😎
With the backhoe he could lower the floor if it were dirt.

• Haha

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I feel your pain. About a year ago, before I retired, I went to my local Kubota dealer just to pick up some SUDT2 during my lunch. Walk in, pick up a jug, pay, and leave.

Just as I’m opening the door one of my employees calls. This dude NEVER calls unless he has a damn good reason, so I answer. As usual he has a good reason. He says he has a situation and needs a “management decision”. He was right, there wasn’t a clear right/wrong decision and he needed company under the bus if things went bad so I tell him, “Here’s your ‘management decision.’ Now I got some hydraulic fluid to buy so I’ll see you next week when we’re both back in the office.” Easy peasy, 10 minutes and on with the day…

Nah. He doesn’t like my decision even though I agreed with what he wanted to do in the first place. Now he wants to debate the minutiae of every detail, relevant or not. Usually I wouldn’t have time for this, but I’m not really “at lunch” while I’m on a work call, so I spend the next hour debating, discussing, trading citations, and jointly pondering seemingly antithetical principles involved.

Of course while I’m in this “work” conversation, I checked out and sat on nearly every machine in the lot. Considered again whether the MX5400 was really a smidge too big or should I have gone up a size or two. Sitting on it confirmed it was just a little too big. Sat on BX’s with hoes, big M’s with cabs, a SVL75-2, a L47, a big Scag zero turn, and some sort of mini-ex. Checked out flail mowers, too.

After I finished looking at and sitting on everything I found interesting, I told the guy I was talking to. “This has been fun, but I gave you your answer an hour ago and it hasn’t changed so if you need another management decision’ I’ll make one , but it’s likely to be find someone who ain’t so dang argumentative.” He said, “So I take it you’ve looked at everything that potentially interests you at the tractor dealer where you’re buying that hydraulic fluid, you now have a shopping list with about a quarter million dollars worth of stuff on it, and this conversation is over.” Told him, “Your insight into human behavior and ability to draw accurate conclusions even when available information is nominal is one of the reasons I enjoy working with you. You are correct. See you next week.” Then hung up. I miss that guy.

It took me a while to get over that dealer visit. All I really wanted was a mini-ex with hydraulic thumb, skidsteer, and a flail for the L. All I got was a gallon of SUDT2 and a hat. 😐

• Haha