Fuel tank removal

Huskbota

Equipment
Kabota L3010 HST
Aug 28, 2023
Tionesta, Pa
That would be obvious right? Did you ever remove one? Part number 010 goes over tank toward the rear. the only way I see to do it is to remove the muffler to allow plate number 070 to slide forward enough to allow tank out from under number 010

halg

Equipment
Kubota B2910
Jul 13, 2024
MD
Does anybody know how to remove the fuel tank on a Kubota L3010?
The workshop manual (WSM) for my B2910 has information on the step to remove my tank.

Check out RCW's post and find the one for your tractor. It might give you at least an idea.

I've found my WSM very useful so far.

Good luck!

1721606644347.png

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That would be obvious right? Did you ever remove one? Part number 010 goes over tank toward the rear. the only way I see to do it is to remove the muffler to allow plate number 070 to slide forward enough to allow tank out from under number 010
I've done a few, I can't remember the exact steps, but it bight be possible that you need to remove the muffler or other parts.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have found that when doing mechanical work a WSM is helpful, but you must have some mechanical ability to determine what needs to be removed to accomplish the task. Something simple like removing a fuel tank doesn't require a lot of analysis unlike disassembling a clutch or transmission. When in doubt about procedure's, do a simple "Google" search to see what turn up. This is what I did and I found this, which might help you.
Note how this person figures it out on his own without a WSM.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Just found this using the Google search engine: Kubota gas tank leaks water
I have a two year old Kubota L3010 which is an outstanding tool/toy which I would highly recommend. However, a couple weeks ago, it started knocking to the point where I towed it back to the barn. Found water in the bowl, so drained it all out and changed the filter. Still did not run right, so had the dealer come get her and check it out as I thought the injectors may have been damaged by the water. They said injectors are fine so they drained the entire fuel system and cleaned it all out. They let it sit out overnite in the rain and checked it again in the morning. Mmmmmm, got water in the fuel, how can that be? After some monkeying around, they checked with Kubota and found that they are having some problems with fuel tanks that leak and allow water in. They are replacing the tank but I thought this info might help someone out there from going crazy trying to troubleshoot a problem. Can't say I know which models have this issue but if you are having similar problems, contact your dealer. Good luck..