Removing/cleaning Radiator Net Screen on L4310 HST CAB, blocked by loader support brace

biggame

Equipment
L4310
Jul 18, 2024
On the L4310, the radiator net screen slides into top and bottom slots directly in front of the radiator (just behind the AC condenser). The problem is that I cannot slide the screen straight in because the LA681 loader side brace is in the way on both sides. The only way I could possibly get it in is by bending and folding the screen frame to try to squash it into the slot, which is not right and ruins the screen frame.

Do I have to remove the side braces in order to clean this screen? Any other ideas?

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
I have run into this many times on many makes and models. Some models that have this issue have a flexible frame around the screen. One option might be to cut yours in half and add framework to make two pieces. Good luck

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
On the L4310, the radiator net screen slides into top and bottom slots directly in front of the radiator (just behind the AC condenser). The problem is that I cannot slide the screen straight in because the LA681 loader side brace is in the way on both sides. The only way I could possibly get it in is by bending and folding the screen frame to try to squash it into the slot, which is not right and ruins the screen frame.

Do I have to remove the side braces in order to clean this screen? Any other ideas?
I had to go to TractorData.com to see a photo of your L4310 and to understand how the loader frame is in the way. That does sound like a messed up arrangement. Is there any way to rotate the slots that the screen sits in so that screen pulls out from the top with the hood raised?

How long does it take to unbolt the side frame? Obviously you have a cab since you mention the A/C condenser.

1251-td4-b01.jpg