Kubota L3200 horsepower deficiency?

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Hi, as some of you already know, I am on the edge of buying used Kubota L3200. Just today I figured its the same size tractor as the new model they are selling L1-382. I thought L3200 had smaller chasis. Since they are the same size, I gotta ask - does L3200 has too little HP to run such a big tractor? I know "more is better "motto prevails, but will I run into problems with HP and PTO HP if I get L3200? For instance not being able to run wide enough tiller to cover the tire tracks or such? Thanks.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
So the L3200 is the upgraded model from my L2800 (actually, there was the L2800 "extra power" in 2008 - it added 1 HP) L3200 has 2 more HP than that.

I run a 60 inch tiller with no problem (width of tractor is 63" but no one was selling a used 66" tiller at the time). The problem is that I have a HST (hydrstatic transmission) and can move at a snail's pace with the tiller - with your manual transmission, I don't know how slow you can go.

What's your soil like? Tilling up virgin soil is much harder than what's been cultivated already. Also, if you can plow, subsoil or disk it up first, to break the soil up.... it's easier to till broken ground. You'll just have to approach it differently with less HP.

I think you said something about tight spaces... HST shines the best in tight spaces. Are there not any hydrostatic drives in Europe? What's the price tag of the L1-382 ?

Rosohatica

Equipment
Kubota B1402
Feb 23, 2022
Zagreb, Croatia
Hi, the soil is thick and greasy. But I do plow beforehand. Tilling is hard with B1402 despite, and the tiller is as wide as the tractor. L3200 would work great with the same narrow tiller (40 inch), but I am afraid if I get tiller as wide as the L3200 tractor (66 inch), I will have the same problem as I have with B1402, which is one of the reasons I am upgrading.

Yeah I could buy a new tractor with HST. But used EU or USA market Kubotas in general are a rare find around here. Let alone HST. You can get gray market Kubota no problem ( like I have now B1402).
New L1-382 costs around $26 000 here. Used L3200 with 80 working hours, 2,5 ton kipper trailer and cultivator I can get for $20 000.

So the L3200 is the upgraded model from my L2800 (actually, there was the L2800 "extra power" in 2008 - it added 1 HP) L3200 has 2 more HP than that.

I run a 60 inch tiller with no problem (width of tractor is 63" but no one was selling a used 66" tiller at the time). The problem is that I have a HST (hydrstatic transmission) and can move at a snail's pace with the tiller - with your manual transmission, I don't know how slow you can go.

What's your soil like? Tilling up virgin soil is much harder than what's been cultivated already. Also, if you can plow, subsoil or disk it up first, to break the soil up.... it's easier to till broken ground. You'll just have to approach it differently with less HP.

I think you said something about tight spaces... HST shines the best in tight spaces. Are there not any hydrostatic drives in Europe? What's the price tag of the L1-382 ?