FEL bucket - 6 or 7 foot

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
Hey guys, another question relating to my probable upcoming M7060 purchase. Got thinking about loader bucket size. The m1811 is the standard bucket which is 6 foot. is there any reason not to go with a larger bucket? Seems like this tractor and loader can handle it except for maybe the very heaviest materials. I have had a NH TC45 for the last 15 years, and even with that machine rarely would i max out the 6 foot bucket. Thinking this machine could handle the 84 most of the time even with stone and shale, maybe use a 72" for real dense heavy stuff ilke waterlogged stone and dirt or whatever. Thinking of going with the m1815 bucket. Kubota calls it a "light material bucket". So questions are, what do you think of using a 84" bucket with this machine to move stone and shale around, and specifically the M1815, is that "light duty" as they assume I will be putting light stuff in it? Should I stick with the 72" and buy an aftermarket heavy duty 84"?

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have seen others using the 84 inch bucket on the M7060 and the M6060. I don't believe you would have any issues with it, but I do not have firsthand experience with it.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I'm a little surprised the standard is 72", heck my L35's is 66. As you probably know, the cylinder pins on that loader have two positions, height and power. In the power position I bet it would handle an 84" easily. You are getting SSQA, right?

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I'm a little surprised the standard is 72", heck my L35's is 66. As you probably know, the cylinder pins on that loader have two positions, height and power. In the power position I bet it would handle an 84" easily. You are getting SSQA, right?
Yes definitely the QA. Anyone have a m1815 bucket? Is it pretty ruggedly built? I will ultimately want both a six and a seven. My current tractor has a QA 6. I might not be selling it, and if I don't then I'm all set in the 72-in department. But I haven't fully decided about selling it yet.

biketopia

Equipment
B2650, RK 60" BB, 42" tiller, 72" LP FM, Forks, Grapple, FEL
Feb 15, 2024
Warrenton VA
If you're going to be moving rock and shale around, I would not recommend the light duty bucket. It's more for mulch, compost, top soil type material. It's thinner material to compensate for the weight of the larger capacity, repeated used on rough material will probably fatigue and damage it.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
If you're going to be moving rock and shale around, I would not recommend the light duty bucket. It's more for mulch, compost, top soil type material. It's thinner material to compensate for the weight of the larger capacity, repeated used on rough material will probably fatigue and damage it.
Ok yeah I want a heavy duty bucket. I wasn't sure if Kubota is calling it "light material" because of the size and they are worried about too much weight, or it is lightly constructed. From what you are saying it is more the latter.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
The bucket that came with my L6060, is called a "lite material" bucket, I have loaded a lot of rock with it and have had no problems.

The bucket should be at least as wide as the wheels, I can't see a 6' doing that.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
The bucket that came with my L6060, is called a "lite material" bucket, I have loaded a lot of rock with it and have had no problems.

The bucket should be at least as wide as the wheels, I can't see a 6' doing that.
Yeah good point. According to the manual, the M6060/7060 is 73 inches wide.

Kubota does the whole FEL bucket thing kinda strange with not a lot of options. If you look at the LA1065 loader, they list 3 bucket options, the L2235A which is 72" sq back, L2236 which is 72" light material, and L2296 which is 72" heavy duty. They appear to offer two options for the LA1154 loader which are the M1811 72" and the M1815 83" light material. Strange they dont offer more options than that. The M1811 appears to have more capacity than all the LA1065 options despite all being the same width. i guess they dont offer a 84" heavy duty bucket. Maybe ill just get it without the bucket and buy the bucket elsewhere.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
ITs really annoying they dont list the buckets separately. Even though they are QA, its that stupid steve jobs/Apple crap where they want to make the decision for you and match the bucket to the loader and not let you decide. You have to dig trough the loader parts diagrams to get the bucket part number. The loader for the M6, LA2255, has both a 84" light material and 84" regular. Cant find a price anywhere.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
ITs really annoying they dont list the buckets separately. Even though they are QA, its that stupid steve jobs/Apple crap where they want to make the decision for you and match the bucket to the loader and not let you decide. You have to dig trough the loader parts diagrams to get the bucket part number. The loader for the M6, LA2255, has both a 84" light material and 84" regular. Cant find a price anywhere.
How about a bucket for an M62? I think they're SSQA and they're in the industrial line.

re54drider

Equipment
L2800, FEL, Bush Hog
May 9, 2011
Goldston, nc
Speaking from personal experience, if your bucket is wider than your tractor you will end up hitting thing that you would prefer to leave intact:rolleyes: