Upgraded platform step

hoffmtc

Equipment
MX5200
Jul 17, 2024
Wisconsin
I did similar to my L4310 when I had it.

I never liked how the platform and attached fender flexed when climbing onto the platform step. And the step could be larger and a bit further out for easier foot placement when getting off the tractor.

I did not want to drill holes into that main frame piece, so I made brackets that attach instead. Can make some position adjustments that way as well. I found a couple of these metal steps nearby for cheap, perfect for this. The vertical piece supports the underside of the platform and fender, totally solid now. The other pieces attached to the step are light gauge thickness, so if something does impact the step it will bend and give there. The bottom of the step is about 1/2" above the bottom of that frame beam, so nothing is hanging below.

The step is now lowered, deeper, and completely solid. Way better, quite happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I did similar to my L4310 when I had it.

I never liked how the platform and attached fender flexed when climbing onto the platform step. And the step could be larger and a bit further out for easier foot placement when getting off the tractor.

I did not want to drill holes into that main frame piece, so I made brackets that attach instead. Can make some position adjustments that way as well. I found a couple of these metal steps nearby for cheap, perfect for this. The vertical piece supports the underside of the platform and fender, totally solid now. The other pieces attached to the step are light gauge thickness, so if something does impact the step it will bend and give there. The bottom of the step is about 1/2" above the bottom of that frame beam, so nothing is hanging below.

The step is now lowered, deeper, and completely solid. Way better, quite happy with how it turned out.
Nice!
I bought a new step from: Specialtyrepairscustommods.com.
Mine cost big bucks, but is also very nice.

hoffmtc

Equipment
MX5200
Jul 17, 2024
Wisconsin
Those are very nice, not cheap either! But none of the aftermarket steps address the platform/fender flexing when a person's weight is on the step. That bugged me. That's why I ran that vertical piece from the bracket to the underside of the platform. Fully solid now, zero flex and a much improved step.

Reactions: 1 user