B2650 UDT2 big difference

obrut

Equipment
2013 B2650
Jun 29, 2024
Valparaiso IN
I just changed the hydro oil and both filters on my new to me B2650. I used kubota filters and UDT2 fluid. I'm amazed at how much quieter it is with the new fluid. Big improvement inside the cab I can easily hear the radio now.

I also changed the front axle fluid and used UDT2. Air filter, engine oil and filter and fuel filter changed. Greased all fittings and adjusted the brakes too. I bought it with 510 hours on it but had no maintenance history. It did have all kubota filters on it and the hydro oil looked pretty clean but I wanted to be sure.

I bought the kubota light switch for the rear work lights and now I'm looking at different LED lights to mount in the rear.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
Great job at establishing a baseline maintenance point for your new to you tractor!
Since it had Kubota filters on it,I wonder what fluid was used at the time?
Good choice on the SUDT2-the good stuff is worth it!
Good Luck and thanks for posting!

Reactions: 1 users

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
Hopefully all the cheapos that keep asking about saving only a few dollars on fluid read this

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I just changed the hydro oil and both filters on my new to me B2650. I used kubota filters and UDT2 fluid. I'm amazed at how much quieter it is with the new fluid. Big improvement inside the cab I can easily hear the radio now.

I also changed the front axle fluid and used UDT2. Air filter, engine oil and filter and fuel filter changed. Greased all fittings and adjusted the brakes too. I bought it with 510 hours on it but had no maintenance history. It did have all kubota filters on it and the hydro oil looked pretty clean but I wanted to be sure.

I bought the kubota light switch for the rear work lights and now I'm looking at different LED lights to mount in the rear.
Interesting.

I have always changed all of my Kubotas to SUDT2 oils at first service with no noticeable effects.

No, I am not advising against doing so.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I’ve noticed a decrease in noise each time I’ve changed fluid.

Always used SUDT2, but has lessened noise nonetheless.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Any concerns mixing UDT 1& 2 together? My LX3310 will be getting a full service shortly and the tractor and implements are all UDT1.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

From your post I am assuming that you have a Kubota cab on your tractor. If you want to save money on the lighting switches, you can purchase Carling Lighted Rocker Switches on eBay inexpensively. Just match the picture to the switch that you need or want. Many times it might not have the engraved name on the face of the switch, but most people will remember exactly what that switch does. Here is one for $2.99 and the shipping is $3.99.

If you need the circuit breaker for the switch, they are also available on eBay inexpensively. Just find the one that will be correct for the gauge of wire that you are using and the demand of the lighting fixture.

I installed waterproof covers on all my circuit breakers. Waterproof Rubber Boot Cover for Push-Button Reset Circuit Breakers fits any AMP

If you want to change the switch cover, sometimes you can find one that has the printing on it that will help you keep track of what the switch does. This one is labeled "Head LTS". New Carling Actuator / Rocker Switch Cover HEAD LTS / Head Lights 1 Amber Lens

Last edited:

obrut

Equipment
2013 B2650
Jun 29, 2024
Valparaiso IN
Thanks guys. Yes I have a cab and I already bought the factory switch, I found the factory harness and plugged it in. I will be using my tractor in the winter for plowing my driveway, it came with the B2749 two way plow. My plan is to mount the factory front lights in the rear and get new aftermarket LED front lights. I'm also going to get the factory block heater too. I did some searching and reading and it looks like you unscrew a plug in the side of the block and install the heating element.