R&R the flexible hydraulic hoses on the B219 loader.

Jim Gay

Equipment
B7100D W/loader,model B219
Jul 11, 2024
Ft. Bragg, Calif.
I need to replace the flexible hydraulic hoses on my B219 loader. Not sure how to start the process. Worried about depressurizing the hydraulic system. Also don't
want to end up with a huge puddle of hydraulic fluid. Anyone done this before?

Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I need to replace the flexible hydraulic hoses on my B219 loader. Not sure how to start the process. Worried about depressurizing the hydraulic system. Also don't
To depressurize the system, turn the engine off. Then lower the arms and bucket, wiggle the joystick to all positions until any movement stops. Be ready to catch any drips as the hoses drain when you disconnect them. Take pictures and mark hose ends, because crossing a couple can bedevil you.

I doubt replacements are available from Kubota. But you can have them made at a local shop by taking one in and letting them duplicate it, or order them on-line by measuring them and specifying the end connection.

Discount Hydraulic Hose and other on-line vendors have references for how to measure and specify the ends. Yours are probably JIC, which is a 37° flare. Be sure to check both ends, most of mine were straightforward, but a few had smaller connections on one end. I ordered the 100R16 hose.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
My grandson is putting together hose kits for several different Kubota loaders. The first one he has done is the b219. If you're interested in one send me a message. I'm in central California not too far from you.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Surplus Center sells good quality NRP Jones off the shelf R16 hose assemblies with JIC femsle swivel ends at a very low price.

This is a good chance to get rid of any old NPT hoses and upgrade to the more reliable and user friendly JIC flavor. Measure the length of the old hoses and order new ones. The new hoses are sold in 6" length increments which while not ecact will match up just fine. Order NPT to male JIC adapters as well for any hoses that originally had NPT ends. Even with the added cost of the adapters the replacement hoses will be less expensive than having hoses made locally.

Dan

Jim Gay

Equipment
Jul 11, 2024
Ft. Bragg, Calif.
To depressurize the system, turn the engine off. Then lower the arms and bucket, wiggle the joystick to all positions until any movement stops. Be ready to catch any drips as the hoses drain when you disconnect them. Take pictures and mark hose ends, because crossing a couple can bedevil you.

I doubt replacements are available from Kubota. But you can have them made at a local shop by taking one in and letting them duplicate it, or order them on-line by measuring them and specifying the end connection.

Discount Hydraulic Hose and other on-line vendors have references for how to measure and specify the ends. Yours are probably JIC, which is a 37° flare. Be sure to check both ends, most of mine were straightforward, but a few had smaller connections on one end. I ordered the 100R16 hose.
Helpful. Thank you

Jim Gay

Equipment
Jul 11, 2024
Ft. Bragg, Calif.
My grandson is putting together hose kits for several different Kubota loaders. The first one he has done is the b219. If you're interested in one send me a message. I'm in central California not too far from you.
Thank You. I have a very reliable local shop that makes hydraulic hoses.

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
Make sure where you're measuring is the same as where the shop is.
I needed hoses and measured centerline of fitting (90*) to end of fitting (straight). The shop measured just the hose length. And the fittings they supplied were longer than the originals. The hoses ended up being almost 6 inches longer than I asked for. They redid them, but it cost me an extra trip.

As far as using adapters to change what fittings you have, I would suggest just replacing the fitting. This gives you one less connection to worry about. And won't impact hose length, which most times won't matter, but sometimes will.
For example, lets say your loader cylinder has a 90* ORB to NPT fitting and you want to move to JIC. Swap out the ORB to NPT for an ORB to JIC.

You can also get caps and plugs for the lines and fittings so they won't leak while they're disconnected.
For example

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Make sure where you're measuring is the same as where the shop is.
I needed hoses and measured centerline of fitting (90*) to end of fitting (straight). The shop measured just the hose length. And the fittings they supplied were longer than the originals. The hoses ended up being almost 6 inches longer than I asked for. They redid them, but it cost me an extra trip.

As far as using adapters to change what fittings you have, I would suggest just replacing the fitting. This gives you one less connection to worry about. And won't impact hose length, which most times won't matter, but sometimes will.
For example, lets say your loader cylinder has a 90* ORB to NPT fitting and you want to move to JIC. Swap out the ORB to NPT for an ORB to JIC.

You can also get caps and plugs for the lines and fittings so they won't leak while they're disconnected.
For example
I guess we can play a little word salad.

Call me silly but a 90 ORB to NPT is an adapter. Replacing it with a 90 ORB to JIC is simply changing the adapter.

If your cylinder has a welded 90 degree female NPT bung you would add a new male NPT to male JIC adapter.

The standard for measuring hose assemblies is end to end including fittings but not drops. Any hose shop that does not know and adhere to that is more than a little suspect.

Dan

1000003114.png

Soopitup

Equipment
BX23S
Oct 25, 2018
New England
It's a big country. What you call soda and what I call soda may not be the same thing.
That's why clarification is important. Helps to dispel confusion.

As far as standards, I agree with you 100%. Things would be a lot easier if they were adhered to.
They're not completely. And they never will be.
The shop I work at needed a 100 foot 20 amp capable extension cord reel. The foreman ordered several.
After it made it through management what we received was a UL stamped 30? foot 16 gauge reel with a 15 amp male end and a double 20 amp female end.
This was ordered through industrial sources (possibly Grainger?), not Amazon.

Not to mention hydraulic hose is generally easy to make and doesn't require much skill. Certainly less than shaping a flare by hand. So lots of places will make just hydraulic hose on the side and they don't require much actual hydraulic knowledge.
(I generally try to support legit shops vs places like this, but sometimes time and/or money don't make it possible. My double trip was still quicker than 1 trip to the place I would prefer to go, not to mention they weren't opened.)

So in my somewhat considerable experience it helps if you spell out what you mean. And if the person listening doesn't like it, they should probably pull the stick out of their rear.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The sure way to get the lengths, sizes, & fittings correct is to take the old hoses with you to the hydraulic shop.