M7060HD12 Vs MF 4707

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
On one hand i feel like the M6060/7060 is a bit dated. IMO they should all be at least 12x12. Also could have some of the transmission features some of the newer tractors have. But then again, since it has been around a long time, it is proven. I am always skeptical to buy some new design no matter how slick it seems.

Do any of you find the steering to be underpowered? I have heard that complaint.
No steering issues on my M9960HD12.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
On one hand i feel like the M6060/7060 is a bit dated. IMO they should all be at least 12x12. Also could have some of the transmission features some of the newer tractors have. But then again, since it has been around a long time, it is proven. I am always skeptical to buy some new design no matter how slick it seems.

Do any of you find the steering to be underpowered? I have heard that complaint.
I think you're right that the M7060/M6060 is getting a bit dated but that's what the M4 is all about. I haven't had any issues with steering and make tight turns easily pulling the RC3712 or RCR1884. I really like my M6060 as I said, and sometimes wish that the MX cab was arranged in a similar manner.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
Ok well I got a price. Ouch my bottom. M7060HD12, creep, cast rear, radials, filled, 3rd function. He said 59.4k, seemed firm. That is 1k off kubota build. Of course off of that comes 3k if cash, and hes going to get back to me on the equine discount. Was hoping for a bit lower, but I guess this is what you get when you want something specific they dont have sitting there and got to acquire. I am in central NY, he said they found one in PA (not sure what part). Any thoughts?

gator tx

Equipment
Cab M7060
Aug 21, 2023
down south
Better than I thought! Air ride seat? Mine was more priced out like I got. That was not including the $750 for the loader KSR system that took 6 months to get. Good luck and enjoy!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Ok well I got a price. Ouch my bottom. M7060HD12, creep, cast rear, radials, filled, 3rd function. He said 59.4k, seemed firm. That is 1k off kubota build. Of course off of that comes 3k if cash, and hes going to get back to me on the equine discount. Was hoping for a bit lower, but I guess this is what you get when you want something specific they dont have sitting there and got to acquire. I am in central NY, he said they found one in PA (not sure what part). Any thoughts?
I always assume that folks are getting cabbed tractors when looking for an M, but at that price it must be the ROPS model .... right? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Better than I thought! Air ride seat? Mine was more priced out like I got. That was not including the $750 for the loader KSR system that took 6 months to get. Good luck and enjoy!
Is the air ride seat an option on the ROPS model? I still need to install the M6060 air ride pedestal that I bought from the local dealer at cost ($416). The Grammer seat in the M6060 is comfortable as it is, but it should be even more comfortable after the swap. I have a Grammer seat with the air ride pedestal in the MX and it's a very nice upgrade.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
Is the air ride seat an option on the ROPS model? I still need to install the M6060 air ride pedestal that I bought from the local dealer at cost ($416). The Grammer seat in the M6060 is comfortable as it is, but it should be even more comfortable after the swap. I have a Grammer seat with the air ride pedestal in the MX and it's a very nice upgrade.
I didn't see it as an option on Kubota build , maybe it's a cab only option.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I always insist on a new factory unit when buying a new tractor, and never allow dealer to "find" one at another dealer.

Might get one that has been sitting on a dealer's (or multiple dealers) lot for who knows how long, needing a new battery, due to routine starting/moving but never charging, etc.

Also, might get one with Kubota aged inventory pricing, which the dealer will simply pocket without informing you.

Might also get one without running-change improvements that have been implemented since manufacturing. BTDT.

Caveat Emptor.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I always insist on a new factory unit when buying a new tractor, and never allow dealer to "find" one at another dealer.

Might get one that has been sitting on a dealer's (or multiple dealers) lot for who knows how long, needing a new battery, due to routine starting/moving but never charging, etc.

Also, might get one with Kubota aged inventory pricing, which the dealer will simply pocket without informing you.

Might also get one without running-change improvements that have been implemented since manufacturing. BTDT.

Caveat Emptor.
Ok, interesting. But if its a 2024 unit is that good enough (agree definitely a good thing to confirm)? Would you also not buy a tractor off the dealer lot and always try to get one from the factory? What is the difference between your local dealers yard and a different dealers yard as long as it is the current model year?

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Ok, interesting. But if its a 2024 unit is that good enough (agree definitely a good thing to confirm)? Would you also not buy a tractor off the dealer lot and always try to get one from the factory? What is the difference between your local dealers yard and a different dealers yard as long as it is the current model year?
The year of a tractor is usually set as the year of sale, not year of manufacture.

When I got my B2601 I asked for one new in the crate. I didn't want one that had been sitting, the dealer near me had two on the lot, both with surface rust. I was paying for a new one, not an old one.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I bought the M6060 (it had just arrived) and the BX25D off the local dealer lot. I ordered both the MX6000HST and MX6000HSTC from that same dealer. All four were/are great products so I wouldn't obsess over any of this. Wherever the tractor comes from, it's more than likely gong to be an excellent tractor.

The important thing is that you get the tractor that you want with the features that you want. My local dealer has a lot of inventory at the moment and doesn't look for tractors at other dealers. You either buy off the lot or you order one that comes from Japan via a receiving/storage facility.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
As previously stated, tractor might have been sitting on another dealer's lot for months and might have been built months (even years, in extreme cases) ago. Such machines might have differences from latest production units and may have so-called "aged inventory" pricing. No need to go down this road unless delivery is of upmost priority.

BTDT.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
As previously stated, tractor might have been sitting on another dealer's lot for months and might have been built months (even years, in extreme cases) ago. Such machines might have differences from latest production units and may have so-called "aged inventory" pricing. No need to go down this road unless delivery is of upmost priority.

BTDT.
Given the lack of inventory as recently as a year ago, what are the chances that an M7060 has been "sitting on another dealer's lot for months and might have been built months (even years, in extreme cases) ago."? This seems highly unlikely based on the supply and demand issues that we're finally getting past.

My local dealer couldn't even order an M7060 18 months ago!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Given the lack of inventory as recently as a year ago, what are the chances that an M7060 has been "sitting on another dealer's lot for months and might have been built months (even years, in extreme cases) ago."? This seems highly unlikely based on the supply and demand issues that we're finally getting past.

My local dealer couldn't even order an M7060 18 months ago!
Not speaking of probabilities, but rather, possibilities.

I was once burned because dealer did not inform me of facts well known to dealer.

Will not go down that road again.

Others should do as they like.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Not speaking of probabilities, but rather, possibilities.
I'm fairly sure that @ethanbrush is more concerned about probability than possibility. There are no end of "possibilities" if you want to go down that rabbit hole.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I'm fairly sure that @ethanbrush is more concerned about probability than possibility. There are no end of "possibilities" if you want to go down that rabbit hole.
I suppose its good to check that it is not say a 2023 model (although I highly doubt they would have one sitting for a year). I will ask the guy when he gets back to me if he knows the age. I dont care if its been at the yard for several months.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I suppose its good to check that it is not say a 2023 model (although I highly doubt they would have one sitting for a year). I will ask the guy when he gets back to me if he knows the age. I dont care if its been at the yard for several months.
I just talked with them. He said that unit came in around very end of 2023. Said we could order one from the factory, lead time about 2.5 months. I do like to keep my tractor under cover and am not in any hurry, so maybe I will request the fresh one.....:unsure:

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I just talked with them. He said that unit came in around very end of 2023. Said we could order one from the factory, lead time about 2.5 months. I do like to keep my tractor under cover and am not in any hurry, so maybe I will request the fresh one.....:unsure:
A few years back I bought a new Grasshopper mower with a [Kubota} diesel engine that was brand new but was three years old with zero hours. Mower had been inside the whole time. There are still building that model today. I bought it because it was thousands less than a current model year one was. Wouldn't touched it for the current price back then. It been a great mower. By the time I sell it those extra three years won't matter. If they will discount the tractor a fair amount I would sure give it a look. If not I would just order a new one. My MX6000 was still in the crate when I bought it. I kept ever thing in the shed on this farm. My equipment spends very few nights a year outside. Even during harvest the combine gets in the shed almost ever night. Semi's usually out during harvest but not every night.