L3130 Hot Hydraulics

Rftlts

Aug 6, 2014
Duluth MN
Hello. The last couple of times when cutting hay I noticed that the hydraulics is getting very hot. I have used this combination, L3130 and New Holland 477 for years without this issue. The only other instance of hot hydraulics occurs when lifting my Bush Hog 205 rotary cutter to the highest setting which kept trying to null out the lift until i figured out to keep the lever off the stop. I have the FEL off. And the fittings at the controller are hot to the touch. I wouldn’t think the PTO load would generate that much heat. Some lifting of the cutting head but still not what I would consider enough to create this much heat. Any idea’s. Thanks

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Make sure your 3 point hitch control lever is returning to the neutral position all the way. If you have a loader, make sure that control lever is in the neutral position too.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello. The last couple of times when cutting hay I noticed that the hydraulics is getting very hot. I have used this combination, L3130 and New Holland 477 for years without this issue. The only other instance of hot hydraulics occurs when lifting my Bush Hog 205 rotary cutter to the highest setting which kept trying to null out the lift until i

figured out to keep the lever off the stop. I have the FEL off. And the fittings at the controller are hot to the touch. I wouldn’t think the PTO load would generate that much heat. Some lifting of the cutting head but still not what I would considerp enough to create this much heat. Any idea’s. Thanks
We are having record bteaking heat here. Doesnt sound unreasonable if you are using it hard. Even more so if its an HST.

Dan