M7060HD12 Vs MF 4707

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I was pretty much dead set on the M7060, but then I got looking at the MF 4707. Seem like a lot more tractor for the same dollar. Here are my primary concerns if anyone wants to offer advice.

1. I've had a NH TC-45 for the last 17 years. I do mostly low RPM work, lots of loader work, lots of moving logs and stacks of lumber around. I really concerned about the DPF and regen and wonder if I will be doing that all the time and/or having to get used to run the engine at higher RPM than I am used to doing with the NH. Just seems like a real waste, more noise, more engine wear, more fuel consumption. Not having that type of emissions stuff on the Massey seems like a huge advantage.

2. I would get the kubota with the 12 speed and creep. Seems like creep is big price jump and lead time with the massey. I read somewhere that low gear on the massey is 2.4 MPH which sounds real fast. Can that be right?

3. One of the big factors for me is being able to get parts in 25 years. Not sure if my reasoning is valid, but with shifting aquisitions and stuff with MF, kubota seems a bit more stable. Also they have made the M6060/7060 for a long time so there must be a trillion out there. The 4707 is newer and they could discontinue it next year for all I know.

4. Anyone heard of issues with the Kubota 12 speed? On you tube is a guy doing a review and said he had internal troubles with his and supposedly the dealer said "they were having trouble with those". I havent been able to find any corroboration of this (linkage can be finicky to adjust, but talking about internal problems).

5. Thinking maybe the MF is " too big" . I do have lots of woods and not a lot of wide open spaces, occasionally need to weave thru trees. I havnt seen the M
F in person yet so I dont have a good sense of it yet.

Any thoughts appereciated

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was pretty much dead set on the M7060, but then I got looking at the MF 4707. Seem like a lot more tractor for the same dollar.
List the features/specs that indicate that the MF is "a lot more tractor for the same dollar". I'm not saying that you're wrong, just interested in what you're comparing.

I have an M6060 which is a great tractor, and I would have gone with an M7060 if I had ordered it rather than bought off the lot, and given my very positive experience with five Kubota products it'd be hard to move away from what I know. I'll take Japanese made over China and Brazil any day of the week.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
List the features/specs that indicate that the MF is "a lot more tractor for the same dollar". I'm not saying that you're wrong, just interested in what you're comparing.

I have an M6060 which is a great tractor, and I would have gone with an M7060 if I had ordered it rather than bought off the lot, and given my very positive experience with five Kubota products it'd be hard to move away from what I know. I'll take Japanese made over China and Brazil any day of the week.
Well the primary two things are the MF weighs 2000 pounds more. Also the loader lifts 500 lbs more 6" higher, all with no pin changing. I am not exactly clear on the massey's transmission, but I think it has a button clutch on the shifter so you don't need to use the pedal. Also a gallon more hyd flow than even the m7060 12 speed, a lot more 3 point lift.

I def agree the china thing is a negative (although I'm sure the Kubota has tons of Chinese parts too).

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Usually a MF will be more metal for your money. But they tend to take a pretty optimistic view of some of their specs, in real world use it seems the gap isn't as big as claimed. 2,000lbs is quite a bit though. I would be less convinced on the loader lift.

The Kubota will still be going long after the MF (on average), and will have parts availability way longer. It'll probably also be a nicer machine to use.

But all this is horses for courses. You're on a Kubota forum, all of us will tell you to buy the Kubota. My father had a large Kioti and it was a good machine that he was very happy with. MF I like a bit less, I feel like they're brand only these days, and outsourcing their manufacturing to a mix of locations - I don't think there'll be a lot of long term commitment to parts.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Well the primary two things are the MF weighs 2000 pounds more. Also the loader lifts 500 lbs more 6" higher, all with no pin changing. I am not exactly clear on the massey's transmission, but I think it has a button clutch on the shifter so you don't need to use the pedal. Also a gallon more hyd flow than even the m7060 12 speed, a lot more 3 point lift.

I def agree the china thing is a negative (although I'm sure the Kubota has tons of Chinese parts too).
That MF 4707 looks like a good tractor with lots of desirable features but it's built in Brazil or China. I don't love the 3 cylinder engine but that's just a personal bias. 3-point lift capacity seems to be very similar with the M7060 rated at 3,307lb, 24" away from the lift points, and you can always add 2,000lb of weight in the form of wheel weights and liquid ballast. What's the cost difference for "equivalent" builds? Good luck making the choice ... it won't be easy.

I really like my M6060 and the M7060, but I haven't driven an MF 4707. Have you spent any time in one at the dealership. Too bad you can't demo both for a week or two.

Last edited:

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
That MF 4707 looks like a good tractor with lots of desirable features but it's built in Brazil or China.
yup that is a negative for sure.

. What's the cost difference for "equivalent" builds?
actually nearly exactly the same $56.8K, 4wd, rops, creep. MF Has 12 speed as base. That would be the kubota with the 12 speed and creep and cast rears. No cast rears for the MF, but figure it doesnt need them.

Have you spent any time in one at the dealership. Too bad you can't demo both for a week or two.
I have sat on a M7060 but not driven. i have not yet seen the MF in person. Good to hear you like your M's. That is the way I am leaning.[/QUOTE]

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
yup that is a negative for sure.

actually nearly exactly the same $56.8K, 4wd, rops, creep. MF Has 12 speed as base. That would be the kubota with the 12 speed and creep and cast rears. No cast rears for the MF, but figure it doesnt need them.

I have sat on a M7060 but not driven. i have not yet seen the MF in person. Good to hear you like your M's. That is the way I am leaning.
[/QUOTE]

If I ever move up in size it'll almost definitely be another M because I've had such a positive experience with Kubota and Land Pride products over the past 8 years. I think there are many aspects to ownership, and I would never fault anyone for buying a non-Kubota tractor. I came close to buying a Kioti RX7320 but it was the lack of a good dealer up here that put me off. There wasn't any problem with the tractor or the options, and after test driving an RX7320 I was impressed.

I would absolutely buy an M6060 again, or an M7060 which is an upgrade over the 6060 with the F18/R18 transmission option compared to the F12/R12 that I have, electronic 4WD, more hydraulic flow, a little more hp/torque, and upgraded brakes (I think). If either had a push button clutch I wouldn't complain, but to be honest, I don't change gears on the fly all that much unless I'm traveling down the road.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
If I ever move up in size it'll almost definitely be another M because I've had such a positive experience with Kubota and Land Pride products over the past 8 years. I think there are many aspects to ownership, and I would never fault anyone for buying a non-Kubota tractor. I came close to buying a Kioti RX7320 but it was the lack of a good dealer up here that put me off. There wasn't any problem with the tractor or the options, and after test driving an RX7320 I was impressed.

I would absolutely buy an M6060 again, or an M7060 which is an upgrade over the 6060 with the F18/R18 transmission option compared to the F12/R12 that I have, electronic 4WD, more hydraulic flow, a little more hp/torque, and upgraded brakes (I think). If either had a push button clutch I wouldn't complain, but to be honest, I don't change gears on the fly all that much unless I'm traveling down the road.
So how do you like the creep? Do you use it much? I am not sure I really need it but for $850 I figure why not. This is the tractor purchase where I dont want to run into a "I wish I had gotten...." at some point down the road. I originally was looking at a MX5600, and played the "well for only a couple grand more" game until I ended up at the M7060 12 speed.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
So how do you like the creep? Do you use it much? I am not sure I really need it but for $850 I figure why not. This is the tractor purchase where I dont want to run into a "I wish I had gotten...." at some point down the road. I originally was looking at a MX5600, and played the "well for only a couple grand more" game until I ended up at the M7060 12 speed.
I'm with you on options and would rather have it and not need it. I use creep to get on/off a trailer but not much else at this stage. But if I ever need it I'll have it. As you can see from the sticker on the sun visor, creep range is very slow.

creep range.jpg

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
I'm with you on options and would rather have it and not need it. I use creep to get on/off a trailer but not much else at this stage. But if I ever need it I'll have it. As you can see from the sticker on the sun visor, creep range is very slow.

View attachment 132377
I dont know how 1st on the M's compares to my TC45, but I found when snowblowing really deep snow it was too fast.

gator tx

Equipment
Cab M7060
Aug 21, 2023
down south
I have a 2023 7060 with ever option you can get except rear window defogger and wiper ( which I regret not getting)! I really like the creep for close contact work like trimming limbs, hooking up rear attatchments, etc and I do have a quick hitch and top/tilt, anything where 1 low is not slow enough. The KSR for the loader is sweet when carrying logs, hay bales, etc across fields. Get third function for sure, the factory 1, all hard lined. It is a much cleaner setup! When changing gears 1,2,3, etc, you do'nt have to clutch it either, just move lever on steering column to neutral, change gears and go. You do have to stop when changing ranges though. Might would have gotten a m4d wide cab if they had one at the time I bought but, the M7060 has done everything I need.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a 2023 7060 with ever option you can get except rear window defogger and wiper ( which I regret not getting)! I really like the creep for close contact work like trimming limbs, hooking up rear attatchments, etc and I do have a quick hitch and top/tilt, anything where 1 low is not slow enough. The KSR for the loader is sweet when carrying logs, hay bales, etc across fields. Get third function for sure, the factory 1, all hard lined. It is a much cleaner setup! When changing gears 1,2,3, etc, you do'nt have to clutch it either, just move lever on steering column to neutral, change gears and go. You do have to stop when changing ranges though. Might would have gotten a m4d wide cab if they had one at the time I bought but, the M7060 has done everything I need.
Oh yeah, creep does help when inching up to an implement so I use it for that too. I haven't tried using the hydraulic shuttle to shift gears, mainly because it's so easy and natural for me to depress the clutch as compared to moving the shuttle with my left hand and the gear shift with my right.

gator tx

Equipment
Cab M7060
Aug 21, 2023
down south
One more thing, also get the cast centers and radial tires if possible. And have them load the tires. Because, if you get a grapple or any kind of loader work( dirt moving, etc) you will need rear ballast. Mine are and I still need around 1800lbs on 3 point to make it not so hard on the front diff. I"m also good at spending others Money too! As they say, CRY ONCE, BUY ONCE! Move lever and change gears. No clutching required. I think it's doing the same thing as the button on the gear shifter of the m4d series.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have a 2023 7060 with ever option you can get except rear window defogger and wiper ( which I regret not getting)!
When I ordered the MX I opted for the rear window defogger and wiper and it's essential in the winter months when moving snow. I got to keep the standard glass after the swap at the local dealer so have a spare in the event something goes wrong.

I bought the M6060 off the lot in Sheridan, WY and it has the standard rear glass. At some point I'll get the rear window defogger and wiper installed. I asked the local dealer for a price on that at least 18 months ago, but they must have forgotten about it.

I have three sets of wheel weights per side and loaded tires and it makes for a very stable tractor.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
I haven't been around either of the models that have been talked about. Here are my thoughts on Massey. It pretty green around this farm but I do have a Kubota MX6000 and really like it. My problem with Massey is like a lot of folks years ago I got caught when Massey went belly up and was running there combines at the time and really liked them. Massey had a great combine of the time. Lots of custom guys ran them. No more parts so the Massey combines had to go. Went to a green combine and wouldn't ever buy Massey again. Have a BIL about hundred miles away and he runs some of the mid sized Massey tractors for loader work feeding cattle he's had so so luck with them. Him and his dad are old Massey guys from the old days but have mostly went to IH, Case on there bigger tractors and combines.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I was pretty much dead set on the M7060, but then I got looking at the MF 4707. Seem like a lot more tractor for the same dollar. Here are my primary concerns if anyone wants to offer advice.

1. I've had a NH TC-45 for the last 17 years. I do mostly low RPM work, lots of loader work, lots of moving logs and stacks of lumber around. I really concerned about the DPF and regen and wonder if I will be doing that all the time and/or having to get used to run the engine at higher RPM than I am used to doing with the NH. Just seems like a real waste, more noise, more engine wear, more fuel consumption. Not having that type of emissions stuff on the Massey seems like a huge advantage.

2. I would get the kubota with the 12 speed and creep. Seems like creep is big price jump and lead time with the massey. I read somewhere that low gear on the massey is 2.4 MPH which sounds real fast. Can that be right?

3. One of the big factors for me is being able to get parts in 25 years. Not sure if my reasoning is valid, but with shifting aquisitions and stuff with MF, kubota seems a bit more stable. Also they have made the M6060/7060 for a long time so there must be a trillion out there. The 4707 is newer and they could discontinue it next year for all I know.

4. Anyone heard of issues with the Kubota 12 speed? On you tube is a guy doing a review and said he had internal troubles with his and supposedly the dealer said "they were having trouble with those". I havent been able to find any corroboration of this (linkage can be finicky to adjust, but talking about internal problems).

5. Thinking maybe the MF is " too big" . I do have lots of woods and not a lot of wide open spaces, occasionally need to weave thru trees. I havnt seen the M
F in person yet so I dont have a good sense of it yet.

Any thoughts appereciated
I'm not familiar with the MF model in question but have been down a similar road several years ago and will never again do any business with MF/AGCO.

I bought two new MF tractors, one in 2007 and a second in 2013. I did this partially to keep the local CNH/Kubota dealer, where I have been a very good customer, from taking my business for granted. Both MF models speced out considerably better on paper than competitive models from CNH and Kubota and cost considerably less.

I did have repetitive trouble with the 2007 model due to a manufacturing defect that first showed at 240 hours but out of warranty due to elapsed time. I was unable to convince MF (dealers and two different regional service representatives) of the root cause and had to listen to both reps accuse me of abuse without any evidence supporting such accusations, so bit the bullet twice for rather expensive repairs. The other tractor had only minor (but recurring) issues but I had lost confidence in both machines and MF/AGCO by this time so replaced both tractors with Kubotas, which have been flawless.

Won't go into details here but I have not since and will not in the future do any business with MF/AGCO as I was treated unfairly by both dealers (2) and MF.

Should also mention that I specified the 6X2 (12) speed transmission for my M9960 and would not consider a 4X2 model. I would have specified the power-shifting 24 speed transmission had it been available on the ROPS model which I needed, but it was not. The 12 speed transmission has been flawless.

Last edited:

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
One more thing, also get the cast centers and radial tires if possible. And have them load the tires. Because, if you get a grapple or any kind of loader work( dirt moving, etc) you will need rear ballast. Mine are and I still need around 1800lbs on 3 point to make it not so hard on the front diff. I"m also good at spending others Money too! As they say, CRY ONCE, BUY ONCE! Move lever and change gears. No clutching required. I think it's doing the same thing as the button on the gear shifter of the m4d series.
I was going to get the cast centers, but unsure about the radials. Can you tell me what the radials give you? Are these wider than the base R1's? One dealer was suggesting i get the wider tires, not sure if those are the radials.

gator tx

Equipment
Cab M7060
Aug 21, 2023
down south
Wider, do'nt rut up as bad and alittle better ride. Still have to adjust pressure according to what you are doing, Loader work or off and bushing hogging. At least I do. Rides better with less air when hogging.

gator tx

Equipment
Cab M7060
Aug 21, 2023
down south
Do get some hydraulic whine every now and then but, from all the reading this seems to be a normal thing with these and the m4d series. Nothing bad, just noticable.

ethanbrush

Equipment
NH TC45
Jun 20, 2024
Cherry valley NY
On one hand i feel like the M6060/7060 is a bit dated. IMO they should all be at least 12x12. Also could have some of the transmission features some of the newer tractors have. But then again, since it has been around a long time, it is proven. I am always skeptical to buy some new design no matter how slick it seems.

Do any of you find the steering to be underpowered? I have heard that complaint.