L7291 instructions?

Mikel3902

Equipment
L 3902. b1700
Jul 6, 2024
Central arkansas
I bought a l7291 kubota rear remote kit. It didn’t come with any instructions and I’m having problems finding them. Anyone on here share a set?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I bought a l7291 kubota rear remote kit. It didn’t come with any instructions and I’m havingsure problems finding them. Anyone on here share a set?
Tslk to the dealer thst sold you the kit.

I have instructions for the L01 kit. Not sure of the part number but they should be close. Basically nothing more to it than bolting the valve sections to the side of the transmission case and connecting two hoses.

Dan

Mikel3902

Equipment
L 3902. b1700
Jul 6, 2024
Central arkansas

I have instructions for the L01 kit. Not sure of the part number but they should be close. Basically nothing more to it than bolting the valve sections to the side of the transmission case and connecting two hoses.

Dan,
The dealer I got it from was online and they don’t have anymore and says they can’t get them . There’s a video out there the valve and hoses don’t look difficult but I don’t know about the lever and the video doesn’t really show it.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS

Dan
The L01 and L02 series use the same installation instructions.
Only the shape of the lever and lever guide are different between the two kits.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Now that I have instructions, lol. I’m realizing that I have the first lever kit and valve base but I need to purchase a valve. Which type would you recommend for a hydraulic top link?
Float detent or spring center.

If you find the cylinder drift is excessive with whatever you get you will probably want to add a double pilot operated check valve (DPOCV) to the cylinder. That will hydraulically lock the cylinder and prevent drift but you will lose the ability to float it.

Many people swear by the value of float but in my usage (mowing) I have never found a use for it. Your situation may be different.

Dan

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
A bit of thread drift …

@TheOldHokie does anyone make a DPOVC that can be connected to the valve quick disconnects? So it is easy to install when needed and remove when not needed.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
A bit of thread drift …

@TheOldHokie does anyone make a DPOVC that can be connected to the valve quick disconnects? So it is easy to install when needed and remove when not needed.
You could easuly roll your own using sonething like this:

Put the same female quick couplers you have on the tractor on the cylinder ports.

Then put a couple short (maybe 6") hoses with matching male tips on the valve port.

You now have a DPOCV "dongle" that you can plug into the tractor outlets as needed.

I went a slightly different route and hardwired it to the tractor.

Here the upper block is a "vanilla" set of outlets connected to a vakve with a fourth float position.

The bottom block is a DPOCV connected to a 3 position spring center valve.

With the top link plugged into the bottom set its locked to prevent drift and cannot float. If plugged into the top set its not locked and can drift but it can also be floated. Not quite as flexible as the "dongle" but meets my needs.

And IMO its also a vast improvement over the cheap ass coupler setup that comes with the L01/L02 factory remotes. Not only does it look better the couplers work a whole lot better.

Dan

1000002869.jpg

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Thanks for the reply. That style is all I have seen also so was just curious about what was available.