BH77 valve body leaking 3rd time in 50 hours

Kenhwy61

Equipment
LX2610 TLB
Oct 2, 2023
Minnesota
I have a 2023 lx2610 with a BH77 and the hoe valve body keeps leaking even when I am not using the hoe. It has already been in the shop for warranty repairs twice for this but the issue keeps coming back. I just turned 50 hours on the machine. It seems to leak most when the hydro fluid and valve body are quite warm. For example I was spreading gravel on the driveway for about an hour and I noticed steady dripping from under the hoe. The whole valve body seems covered in oil but no obvious leak points. It almost seems like multiple seals are leaking. I checked the temp with an infrared gun and it was about 150F. Not sure if this is a normal temp. it was 80F outside and I was working the machine steady. Nothing else has ever leaked a drip on this tractor. See photo. Thank you
1000002002.jpg

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a 2023 lx2610 with a BH77 and the hoe valve body keeps leaking even when I am not using the hoe. It has already been in the shop for warranty repairs twice for this but the issue keeps coming back. I just turned 50 hours on the machine. It seems to leak most when the hydro fluid and valve body are quite warm. For example I was spreading gravel on the driveway for about an hour and I noticed steady dripping from under the hoe. The whole valve body seems covered in oil but no obvious leak points. It almost seems like multiple seals are leaking. I checked the temp with an infrared gun and it was about 150F. Not sure if this is a normal temp. it was 80F outside and I was working the machine steady. Nothing else has ever leaked a drip on this tractor. See photo. Thank you View attachment 132224
Take it to the shop again snd hold their toes to the fire. They have not fixed the problem.

The valve is actually a bunch of individual valve sections sandwiched together with tie rods and there are multiple oring seals between each of section. Somebody has botched the assembly or one of the sealing surfaces is defective.

Dan

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
I also had my 77 leak when it was new.

I agree with @TheOldHokie that the dealer should be held accountable, but I also understand that sometimes it's just easier to give it a "look over" to see if you can resolve it quicker and easier.

Be sure to check/tighten all the hoses/fittings, I had 2 that needed to be tightened and had leaked everywhere, making an awful mess.

Just a heads up, you might need a set of "crows feet" to get to some of them.

Reactions: 1 users

Kenhwy61

Equipment
LX2610 TLB
Oct 2, 2023
Minnesota
Thanks for the suggestions. Everything seems tight but hard to tell for sure where the oil is coming from. The dealer told me the first leak was a bad oring and second leak was some other seal gone bad. I sent an email to my salesman with the picture and the description of the problem. They have at least been good about trying to fix the leaks including picking up and delivering the tractor back to me in a timely fashion.