LX4020

Richard T.

Equipment
Kubota LX4020 2024
Jul 6, 2024
Canada
Any ideas?
Tractor won't idle back down from 2400 rpm when pedal is in idle.
Both preset rpms are off and hand lever is in idle. Will only go back down when tractor is in reverse for around 15 feet. When I press the pedal foward it goes right back up to 2400. Don't like turning engine off at 2400 rpm after driving in the garage, can only go in garage foward.

Mitjam

Equipment
M-108, M6-111, Lx3520, Rtv-520 and LandPride implements
Jan 14, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Any ideas?
Tractor won't idle back down from 2400 rpm when pedal is in idle.
Both preset rpms are off and hand lever is in idle. Will only go back down when tractor is in reverse for around 15 feet. When I press the pedal foward it goes right back up to 2400. Don't like turning engine off at 2400 rpm after driving in the garage, can only go in garage foward.

Reactions: 1 user

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013
I have the lx3520 have not experienced this yet but have heard of other stories of this happening, unfortunately it is a trip to the dealer. They didn’t put a grease fitting on the foot pedal like the older lx10 series. The only thing you could do is just go under the tractor when it’s off and make sure all the springs and gas struts are working properly on the pedal assembly. Curious if you put range selector in neutral and push forward on pedal will it increase rpm and stay there ?

Richard T.

Equipment
Kubota LX4020 2024
Jul 6, 2024
Canada
I have the lx3520 have not experienced this yet but have heard of other stories of this happening, unfortunately it is a trip to the dealer. They didn’t put a grease fitting on the foot pedal like the older lx10 series. The only thing you could do is just go under the tractor when it’s off and make sure all the springs and gas struts are working properly on the pedal assembly. Curious if you put range selector in neutral and push forward on pedal will it increase rpm and stay there ?
I will check tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks for the info.
Good day Mitjam,
When in neutral it will rev the rpm up when the pedal is depressed and the rpm remains the same when the pedal is released. It will go down to idle if I push the pedal all the way in, in reverse.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013

Good day Mitjam,
When in neutral it will rev the rpm up when the pedal is depressed and the rpm remains the same when the pedal is released. It will go down to idle if I push the pedal all the way in, in reverse.
Ya sounds like pedal is working properly just auto throttle is staying engaged. Sorry to hear about the problem. Very frustrating when it’s a new machine and that’s why we buy them, for trouble free operation. Like I said not much you can really do, no grease zerk on the pedal linkage and all the dampers are returning pedal to neutral. Hope it’s just an easy fix and you’re not without a tractor for too long. Keep us posted please, as the there will be more and more 20 series owners, we might see little problems here and there that future owners will want to be aware of.

Mitjam

Equipment
Jan 14, 2013

Good day Mitjam,
Also how many hours on machine ?