New 7060HD coming in 2 days. Any advice ?

Lovethefarmlife

Equipment
Kubota M7060 open. Grasshopper 725D w kubota Diesel engine.
Jul 5, 2024
Ida
Hello everyone. First post here. Wondering if anyone can direct me to a post that has recommendations for what to be sure the dealer does pre and during delivery. And Id imagine I should check all the usual and obviously things Oils, bolts and fluids. Anything else commonly left out or overlooked?
This will be my first Tractor. I’ve had many around here on the land in the last seven years, some left by friends for months. And in general I have very little experience with them, but I am a do it yourselfer.
Just after purchasing the 12 acres, and clearing paths for nature walks, deer hunting, etc hand cutting over 100 mostly Hardwood trees, I would go salivate all over the new MX4800 in queen city. Then the 5400. Now that’s the neck hurts much of the time, and the knees are worn, I’m finally able to afford a nice one.
We have a couple of cows as a start, and have been fencing up the land with a mix of telephone poles and treated posts. Already have three auger sizes, and a borrowed rhino 500. Can’t wait to put her to work drilling some 10inch holes in mostly clay. Yet I wanna be mindful of the 50 hour break-in though. Thanks for any advice.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Check the front differential for the proper amount of lubricant, because almost all are delivered with the amount of factory fill which is usually less than full. Ask the dealer to give you a 2 1/2 gallon container of Super UDT to have on hand to top off the levels as you work the machine. My thoughts are they should include it in every delivery and add the cost to the machine, but dealers don't think like consumers.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Check the oil level in the front hubs. Dealer fills them but it takes a while for the oil to migrate through the system, and after a few days level will appear low.

Reactions: 1 user

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Congrats and enjoy! Read the manual twice and don't drive around with the loader any higher than necessary.

Reactions: 1 users

Lovethefarmlife

Equipment
Jul 5, 2024
Ida
Awesome, thanks everyone. Just curious is the super UDT Kubota brand ?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Now that’s the neck hurts much of the time, and the knees are worn, I’m finally able to afford a nice one.
Nice tractor! I have a similar one in the form of an M6060. Are you going to be ok with the clutch given your "worn knees"? The hydraulic shuttle is nice, but you'll need to depress the clutch for gear changes.

The Kubota dealer near me is top notch, as is the dealer in Sheridan, WY where I purchased the M6060 so everything was taken care of ... but I still checked to make sure.

Lovethefarmlife

Equipment
Jul 5, 2024
Ida
Nice tractor! I have a similar one in the form of an M6060. Are you going to be ok with the clutch given your "worn knees"? The hydraulic shuttle is nice, but you'll need to depress the clutch for gear changes.

The Kubota dealer near me is top notch, as is the dealer in Sheridan, WY where I purchased the M6060 so everything was taken care of ... but I still checked to make sure.
Yes the knees don’t object until I start dragging tree limbs, 50 yards for a few hours, or go trail running on the land. It does appear Those activities are behind me. No pain With the clutch.
So that I can double check everything they would do at the dealer pre-delivery, is there a list online or on this website as a reference?

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880 with loader, mower and 3 point
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Congrats and enjoy! Read the manual twice and don't drive around with the loader any higher than necessary.
Then read it a third time. When in doubt, open the manual and look it up. Still not sure, post your question here. Allot of tractor gurus on this site to keep you straight.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, Ford 8N, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Hello everyone. First post here. Wondering if anyone can direct me to a post that has recommendations for what to be sure the dealer does pre and during delivery. And Id imagine I should check all the usual and obviously things Oils, bolts and fluids. Anything else commonly left out or overlooked?
This will be my first Tractor. I’ve had many around here on the land in the last seven years, some left by friends for months. And in general I have very little experience with them, but I am a do it yourselfer.
Just after purchasing the 12 acres, and clearing paths for nature walks, deer hunting, etc hand cutting over 100 mostly Hardwood trees, I would go salivate all over the new MX4800 in queen city. Then the 5400. Now that’s the neck hurts much of the time, and the knees are worn, I’m finally able to afford a nice one.
We have a couple of cows as a start, and have been fencing up the land with a mix of telephone poles and treated posts. Already have three auger sizes, and a borrowed rhino 500. Can’t wait to put her to work drilling some 10inch holes in mostly clay. Yet I wanna be mindful of the 50 hour break-in though. Thanks for any advice.
Congratulations!

In addition a to what others said above…I would recommend a couple things:

1. Regardless of experience level, it’s not a bad idea to watch tractor mikes videos that deal with safe operation and care (not to mention the others). He has a lot of pertinent digestible info in his range of videos.

2. Definitely look into ballasting and understanding of a center pivot axle.

3. anything it bumps into it will damage or destroy (side of building, fence, car, etc.)

4. make sure others around also understand the safety of it…ie not reaching in to help if something falls out of loader, or if brush hogging, people need to stay back…some may not see the big deal but they can throw a chunk pretty far with a good bit of velocity)

Keep the rubber side down👍. Go as slow as possible and as fast as necessary.

Good luck. ☕

Here is another thread that has some suggestions / links that might also be helpful.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Does it have a loader? If so, make sure that either your rear tires are loaded with fluid of some kind or it has wheels weights on it for stability and balance. Post how you set your tractor up with options and someone may give you advice on how best to use those options.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yes the knees don’t object until I start dragging tree limbs, 50 yards for a few hours, or go trail running on the land. It does appear Those activities are behind me. No pain With the clutch.
So that I can double check everything they would do at the dealer pre-delivery, is there a list online or on this website as a reference?
@North Idaho Wolfman can most likely get you the WSM for the M7060/M6060 which has lots of information re checking and adjusting various systems and components. I wouldn't obsess too much over it, but perhaps have the dealer give you their pre-delivery checklist. You might see a lot of bolts, plugs and filters with "paint" markers to indicate that they were checked. That's how my M6060 showed up. Doesn't mean that they were checked, but based on almost 100 hours of use and no issues I'm sure the dealer did their due diligence.

Lovethefarmlife

Equipment
Jul 5, 2024
Ida
Ok will do … yes 1154 loader. 1 stock set of controls. They routinely fill tires (rear goodyear 420/75R34) with liquid no charge. I think no charge….. they brought one in for me, dinged paint w many dime size rust spots. I Said no thanks. I’ll go check more of their dealer locations this weekend and find a better like new one. Hopefully. Will put a padlock on it if i do ;-)
Does it have a loader? If so, make sure that either your rear tires are loaded with fluid of some kind or it has wheels weights on it for stability and balance. Post how you set your tractor up with options and someone may give you advice on how best to use those options.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Ok will do … yes 1154 loader. 1 stock set of controls. They routinely fill tires (rear goodyear 420/75R34) with liquid no charge. I think no charge….. they brought one in for me, dinged paint w many dime size rust spots. I Said no thanks. I’ll go check more of their dealer locations this weekend and find a better like new one. Hopefully. Will put a padlock on it if i do ;-)
That’s too bad about the rust spots. You could always see if they will reduce the price and fix them yourself with some sanding and good paint.