Hydraulic quirk

RJWaller1

Equipment
M7060
Jul 1, 2024
Augusta GA
I have a 2017 M7060. Suddenly the front/rear hydraulics stopped working. After a few minutes of frustration, I noticed that if I press the up position on the front 3rd function switch the hydraulics worked normally again. However, the hydraulics intermittently stop working and pressing the 3rd function up switch resumes normal operation. This occurred suddenly and the hydraulic fluid level is normal and filter was changed about 2 years ago. I only have about 750 hours on the tractor. Has anyone experienced this and any suggestions for solving this issue are much appreciated.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a 2017 M7060. Suddenly the front/rear hydraulics stopped working. After a few minutes of frustration, I noticed that if I press the up position on the front 3rd function switch the hydraulics worked normally again. However, the hydraulics intermittently stop working and pressing the 3rd function up switch resumes normal operation. This occurred suddenly and the hydraulic fluid level is normal and filter was changed about 2 years ago. I only have about 750 hours on the tractor. Has anyone experienced this and any suggestions for solving this issue are much appreciated.
Sounds like the third function valve is not returnimg to neutral when one or both switchs are released. Could be an electrical problem with the switches or a mechanical problem in the valve.

OEM or after market third function kit? Model or brand name?

Reactions: 1 user

RJWaller1

Equipment
M7060
Jul 1, 2024
Augusta GA
Sounds like the third function valve is not returnimg to neutral when one or both switchs are released. Could be an electrical problem with the switches or a mechanical problem in the valve.

OEM or after market third function kit? Model or brand name?
It is a WR Long 3rd function that was installed by the dealer back in 2017 when the tractor was new..