Thread type

Shropshire_Orange

Nov 2, 2023
England
Hi,

This may be a daft question, what thread types are used on Kubota tractors. In particular I have a B2400 and need to refit a replacement grab handle to it (The one that is on the wheel arch).

I have the new handle, but it seems like the thread for the bolt that is built into the handle is imperial or something as all of my metric ones won't fit.

Any thoughts please?

JohnDB

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4500DT
Jun 9, 2018
NZ
Not daft, does your metric selection have course, medium and fine threads? Or get a thread pitch gauge onto the handle.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hi,

This may be a daft question, what thread types are used on Kubota tractors. In particular I have a B2400 and need to refit a replacement grab handle to it (The one that is on the wheel arch).

I have the new handle, but it seems like the thread for the bolt that is built into the handle is imperial or something as all of my metric ones won't fit.

Any thoughts please?
Kubota typically uses JIS hardware for those types of applications. The JIS standard is a metric bolt with a reduced hex size. For that handle probably M8 x 1.25 or M6 x 1.0

Dan

Reactions: 1 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
On the tractor proper, you will find most bolts are the finer thread pitch or the next down thread pitch. They normally didn’t use the coarsest pitch or the most fine pitch on the bolt on the tractor.

for instance M12 has four pitches available but my tractor will need the two middle pitch bolts. I never understood why they used two pitches sometimes but know they did.

Hopefully this link will take you to a chart showing the pitches available in different size fasteners.

Reactions: 1 user