Need help on bx2230 with LA211 loader

JimKul

Equipment
2004 Kubota bx2230
Jun 22, 2024
Fairview
Hydraulic leak on one of the 3 metal lines that run from behind the left rear tire, under the floor plate , and connects under the oil pan. They are tagged with orange, green, and grey labels. Orange one has a pin hole and I ordered the part (75538-68402) tube pump. My question is do I have to remove the floor plate,
to work the new line in. Not sure if the floor plate can be removed separately. Any help would be appreciated!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I have no direct knowledge but recently replaced the 'white' steel line from loader to joystick on my BX23S and it seems Kubota built the tractor around it.....

Have a look at drawings at the online parts websites to kinda see what's involved, say a 'holding strap' ?

Steel lines don't bend BUT maybe you can rotate, push, turn it to get it out and in ?

Tape a rope onto one end,so when you install the new line you can GENTLY pull the rope to guide it into the final position.

Be SURE to tape up the ends so no dirt gets in ! Maybe blow light compressed air through just before tightening the nuts.

The day BEFORE you start, powerwash the WHOLE tractor ! Kinda obvious as to why.

Reactions: 1 users

Mountainman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501, B7100, B6000, BX24, B1750, B2400
Jul 10, 2022
Attalla Alabama
mossycreekoutdoors.com
No you don't have to remove the Floorplan. There are 2 parts to those lines that make a connection under the engine. Now I will say I have a salvage yard and all my experience with Taking them off is after the loader frame was already removed. So there is a possibility you may need to remove the left loader frame. But you do not have to remove the Floorpan.

JimKul

Equipment
2004 Kubota bx2230
Jun 22, 2024
Fairview
No you don't have to remove the Floorplan. There are 2 parts to those lines that make a connection under the engine. Now I will say I have a salvage yard and all my experience with Taking them off is after the loader frame was already removed. So there is a possibility you may need to remove the left loader frame. But you do not have to remove the Floorpan.
You are correct about the left loader frame. I removed it this morning. A couple of the bolts were extremely tight. I took out a few floor pan bolts, just too give me some play also.
Thanks much for your reply!